diy solar

diy solar

PV configuration for Renogy dcdc charger

Aharry

Hi All,

Apologies if specifics have already been discussed however I couldn’t find the exact information I’m after.
I have 4 renogy 100w panels from which I’ve made 2 (200w) foldable sets for chasing the sun when off grid camping. The solar will recharge a 310ah lifepo4 battery through a renogy 50a dcdc (with mppt) charger.
My question- the renogy charger seems to accept only a certain voltage for charging. Each PV panel is rated a 24v and I have hinged in sets of 2.
Am I better to connect all in parallel or 2s2p for renogy dcdc charger to max battery charging?

Thanks in advance for any advice
AH

Max solar input voltage is 25 volts for that SCC if it's the RBC50D1s unit. All the panels need to be wired in parallel.

Hi From New Zealand . I too am considering purchasing the Renogy 50amp charger/mppt unit And am aware of its 25v soc limitation. At present we only have one x140w solar panel on our McLouis Fusion motorhome but am considering installing two more. Is it difficult and complex to wire these in parallel And will I need to upgrade the wiring from the panels to the controller? If so where can I locate a wiring diagram . On his YouTube review of this unit Will said he would put this info on his website however I cannot find it.

Back