diy solar

diy solar

PV in no activity

flokiisonsolar

I have a mmp solar pip 3024gk I have 24v input currently 700 watts connected. the unit has no activity or even displaying the input enlighten me please

This will sound silly, but is the master power switch on? if yes and the PV is connected, batteries connected and all cabling is correct it could be the internal fuse. these units wont power on without a DC battery input being present.

I have power from battery and access to setting and what have you . Just not displaying PV input or logging any activity

I have power from battery and access to setting and what have you . Just not displaying PV input or logging any activity

Ah ok, you said in your first post " the unit has no activity or even displaying the input " so i presumed it wasn't doing anything. in the settings you need to change the profile to SBU mode if you have it. I'm working from memory here as my unit is long gone.

Ah ok, you said in your first post " the unit has no activity or even displaying the input " so i presumed it wasn't doing anything. in the settings you need to change the profile to SBU mode if you have it. I'm working from memory here as my unit is long gone.
Ok have set sub in output source priority tis the only sbu setting I can find still no change

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 4
This is a pic of the pips screen I’m in au so yea 240v but yea no input from pv

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 3
Ive just read the manual and you don't have enough PV voltage to start the MPPT controller the 2kW version needs 90~430Vdc and the 3 and 5kW need 120~430Vdc, minimum is a string of 6x 12v panels in series according to the manual. you either need more solar panels or step down to the 12v hybrid inverter where your VOC is enough with two panels

Back