diy solar

diy solar

PV pumped Hydronic Solar Hot Water

Yes, I had a local metal worker I know make the tank and I made the coil to go inside of it. I wrapped it in several layers of Reflectix insulation and then several layers of fiberglass insulation.
Where I'm at all heat exchangers used for domestic hot water have to be double walled.
My single walled copper coil had to be brazed to the outside of a stanless steel tank to get it approved.
Did you encounter any such issues?

Where I'm at all heat exchangers used for domestic hot water have to be double walled.
My single walled copper coil had to be brazed to the outside of a stanless steel tank to get it approved.
Did you encounter any such issues?
No, No such regulation here.Not only that but since the pressure in the heat exchanger coil is less than domestic water pressure if there is a leak it's going to leak into the coil not out of it. Also propylene glycol is non-toxic.

No, No such regulation here.Not only that but since the pressure in the heat exchanger coil is less than domestic water pressure if there is a leak it's going to leak into the coil not out of it. Also propylene glycol is non-toxic.
A leak will rapidly pressurize the glycol loop and contamination of thw potable tank will occur...

I have many repaired aluminum coils in the field. I sell Am Std. I repair Micro channels too. Many of my leaks are at or near the factory copper to aluminum joints. Sure beats a $2500 coil changeout.
Hey I have a question you may be able to help with
I have a chinesium cylinder head I had a fellow weld up for me to increase the compression ration of the engine
The head was used and Porris with some oil in it

This made the weld job pretty ugly I never used the head
I have zinc rods but in my previous attempts to practice on other chinesium heads my brazed have not been so inspiring
I even created a Salvador Dallie signature line head ( Melted )

Can you tell me more about the flux and rods and methods you use?
I would like to try again and fill in some voids and try this head out on a natural gas engine

Back