diy solar

diy solar

PWOD refuse to replace 144 pcs damaged 310ah batteries worth of $20000

Each cell should have a unique number in the QR code.....Are they all the same? Have you pealed back the black cover and seen scratched off QR codes?

ok, I will take out one of the top black covers and I am curious too what I will find there. What do you think ?

Very often, if you peel off the Blue Shrink Wrap (do not do this until you have a solution that does not require you to ship them back) there are often laser etched serial numbers & batch info... Companies do this in different ways, I am unsure how CATL handles that.

Be aware that the aluminium casings are "hot", so exercise caution if removing the Blue Wrap.

Very often, if you peel off the Blue Shrink Wrap (do not do this until you have a solution that does not require you to ship them back) there are often laser etched serial numbers & batch info... Companies do this in different ways, I am unsure how CATL handles that.

Be aware that the aluminium casings are "hot", so exercise caution if removing the Blue Wrap.

did that and as I suspected all 310ah cells are fake cells with scratched original CATL code in the middle.
So I have 144 cells all like this one .
Many sellers got lots of more than 10000 cells like this in their warehouse and from what I know this type of cells are not allowed to be shipped in EU because are refurbished cells manufactured in 2018.

Same are all the cells that have the corner painted QR code and original laser engraved one scratched to have manufactured date and capacity hidden :

BCE690C3-84DA-422D-8FF4-DC13778FD5BD.jpeg

5DAF6833-2560-4DD5-8C3F-058778C12367.jpeg

Yes, but under the Blue Wrap, along the sides there should be added info. Aoyupower, EVE & Lishen( not 100% sure) have such info etched into the sides on the aliminium.

BTW, the odds are that these were repacked by a Battery Cell Broker who in turn sold the LOT to PWOD without them knowing it... Sadly this happens far too often. The sad part, is many of the vendors just buy on spec from the brokers but any company that wants Factory Direct supply, they have to set contracts with High MOQ (5000 cell minimum) which is big overhead BUT carries little to no risk for the vendor because the quality assurance is there. The real trick is to be able to move the inventory so one has to be very "picky".

Yes, but under the Blue Wrap, along the sides there should be added info. Aoyupower, EVE & Lishen( not 100% sure) have such info etched into the sides on the aliminium.

BTW, the odds are that these were repacked by a Battery Cell Broker who in turn sold the LOT to PWOD without them knowing it... Sadly this happens far too often. The sad part, is many of the vendors just buy on spec from the brokers but any company that wants Factory Direct supply, they have to set contracts with High MOQ (5000 cell minimum) which is big overhead BUT carries little to no risk for the vendor because the quality assurance is there. The real trick is to be able to move the inventory so one has to be very "picky".

do you have any picture with location under blue wrap ? Is it laser welded so it can be felt when pressing the blue wrap ?

Last edited:
Locations vary on the casing. It's laser etched so no bumps etc to feel for.

So these are CATL grade B cells.
Anyone knows if they manufacture these type of cells ?
What are the IR values that can give us some clue about the cells cycles remained to be used ?

SCAM!!!! I bought 64 'Brand new 200AH' cells tested them and only got 117-133AH. Watever you do do not buy from this company. They only sell used and substandard cells. Don't fall for their cheap prices there is a reason for it. They insist the batteries are new and refuse to resolve the issue. They have no interest helping their customers. Please see my test results below.

Attachments

• 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 1
Back