diy solar

diy solar

Pylontech batteries are stuck in alarm mode.

Yes, it seems so, and this is in correlation to the first time the error appeared when I had on the inverter a charge indication of 42% and a reading of 49.5V on the batteries.
Tim mentioned that the Polytech BMS should balance itself when charging it from an external battery charger but it seems that this isn't the case, at least not with my batteries it seems.
No idea if this is something that can be enforced to the BMS.

I can't remember if pylontech is a16s or 15s battery.
This would make a difference in the voltage at SOC.

Oh, you're right, they are 15s.
Still, 3.6*15=54, recommended charge 52.5-53.5... <52 still doesn't look too good.
_

Yes, test the batteries with an external load.
And try to pre charge the inverter capacitors, to avoid the surge. Although I don't think this is the problem, with such a large battery bank.

Yes, test the batteries with an external load.
And try to pre charge the inverter capacitors, to avoid the surge. Although I don't think this is the problem, with such a large battery bank.
I am sorry to say that I have the same red led constant on a brand new Pylontech US5000 that has worked great for the past 2 months and have tried all that I can think of, without opening it, but nothing seems to recover normal operation.
The problem with using some kind of external load (at least in my case), since the red light means that the BMS has turned off the link between the BMS and the cells as a safety or protective mode you will not be able to retrieve any of the power from the battery cells. I have used an external charger for lifepo batteries, with 48V dc and 10 Amp charge, but there is no change in the battery state (the charger reads 49.5V, but it just shows 0.0 Amp charge). What is really strange in your case that you can read high voltage on all units with a tester; in my case it reads 0 to 2 DCV, which is logical if the BMS has disconnected the cells in order to protect them... One other thing, unless something is fatally wrong with your inverter/battery connection, it would be hard for me to believe that all 3 batteries are faulty.
My setup is a 5K 48 V inverter and 6 x Pylontech US3000C + the US5000 Battery..
Hope you can sort out your problem. Let's keep in touch.

Back