diy solar

diy solar

Qishou sending fake CE Certificate for 280Ah cells warning [Updated]

da9el84

Update: This is an account of what happened and it's since been sorted, and I believe she made a mistake in trusting something sent by a 3rd party.

I asked Amy for a CE certificate and she sent me this:

1654951394980.png

Batteri_CE.jpg

I called her out on the document not matching the battery type I bought:

1654951456577.png,

I thought she sent me the same doc again, but no, the Product had been altered.

Batteri_CE2.jpg

Everything else in the document is the same though, even down to date and jpeg compression.

I immediately called her out on this as this seemed EXTREMELY fishy.

1654951592997.png

1654951623274.png

I even went and tried to look up the certificate with the issuers website, but that seems broken as hell, can't find anything on any search terms. I also emailed them but their email bounced, so no mailbox is set up for this company apparently issuing CE certifications....

1654951711609.png
The following day Amy sent me some IEC Certificates for the cells and those check out, verifiable with TÜV.

I then went and contacted EVE directly and they confirmed that the doc Amy had sent was altered
1654951916327.png

I then messaged Amy about what EVE said:

1654952008947.png

She still maintains that EVE supplied the altered document.

Do with this what you will, I just wanted to share this as I think it's utterly fraudulent behaviour.

That being said, my order is still open(ordered before this whole debacle) and my batteries on their way, but this does make me very concerned for the state of the cells and anything potentially happening going forward.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this info. Would really appreciate an update when you get your batteries. I'm looking to order some cells from this supplier as well given the positive reviews this company has gotten.

This is pretty common practice to be able to produce or purchase all types of very official certificates throughout many aspects of life in China. When my Chinese wife applied for her Green Card she did not have her birth certificate. A few days later her son in China sent her a copy of one that looked official but which I understood years later that he purchased at a local shop.
I still do not know her exact age or birthday but in eight years her capacity to take care of me is what matters. Capacity and length of service are also what matter in batteries.

Last edited:
I believe her, but it's just incredibly naive behaviour.
You Do o_O
Wake up man! They can Photoshop any document you need. Every aspect of these businesses are designed to make a rejected or used battery that they bought for little or nothing look like it's a Factory A+ Battery.

How the Heck is the seller Dongguan Yaku which is almost the same as a company in America being called " New York Battery For You" Since Dongguan is the name of a large city. Anyway how is the seller creating CE certificates for EVE and then putting a Seal on the Certificate signed by "Seal Chen" from Dongguan Yaku.

They are making sure it's so ridiculous looking that if it was somehow taken to court they would say to the judge it was just a joke, isn't that obvious.

"CE" is NOT a certification but a declaration from the vendor that a products fulfills certain specification(s). Thus, the provided documents could be just okay.

If you want to enforce that certain (EN-) specifications are fulfilled, it might be necessary to inspect the detailled test reports from an accredited lab. But it's unlikely that such test reports will be sent to you, unless you're agreeing to buy a HUGE amount of cells.

"CE" is NOT a certification but a declaration from the vendor that a products fulfills certain specification(s). Thus, the provided documents could be just okay.

If you want to enforce that certain (EN-) specifications are fulfilled, it might be necessary to inspect the detailled test reports from an accredited lab. But it's unlikely that such test reports will be sent to you, unless you're agreeing to buy a HUGE amount of cells.
CE is a declaration that the product adheres to European Standards. That old Chinese Export (CE) trick is not flying in Europe anymore. CE actually has a lot more teeth than UL because if you are found to have faked the documents and cannot show the lab testing results or if there is a fire or some injury caused by the Product, the TSS will come in and seize all the Inventory of not only the supplier but also the sellers. They will all be held accountable in court for any damages. That is why in the EU most retailers will do a thorough background check on a new product to make sure the Certification is genuine.

Last edited:
You Do o_O
Wake up man! They can Photoshop any document you need. Every aspect of these businesses are designed to make a rejected or used battery that they bought for little or nothing look like it's a Factory A+ Battery.

How the Heck is the seller Dongguan Yaku which is almost the same as a company in America being called " New York Battery For You" Since Dongguan is the name of a large city. Anyway how is the seller creating CE certificates for EVE and then putting a Seal on the Certificate signed by "Seal Chen" from Dongguan Yaku.

They are making sure it's so ridiculous looking that if it was somehow taken to court they would say to the judge it was just a joke, isn't that obvious.

Yeah, somewhat - I am awake, that's why I found this issue. I mean I will definitely think twise about ordering more cells from them. Might just order straight from EVE, even if it's more, then at least you are buying straight from the manufacturer.
The seller isn't Dongguan Yaku(AIT), that's the certifier in the certificate. It's not much different than TÜV Rheinland for example.
The certificate I first received is apparantly a real one and is listed on EVE's official Alibaba store, it's just for a CR2032 button battery cell.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this info. Would really appreciate an update when you get your batteries. I'm looking to order some cells from this supplier as well given the positive reviews this company has gotten.

I've received my batteries and unpacked the first 16. They are visually in good condition, however Amy reached out by herself to let me know that the cells I got was produced in December and tested lower capacity than the advertised 280Ah and is offering a 5$ per cell.
I have yet to receive my testing equipment to confirm, but I'll update when I do.

I've received my batteries and unpacked the first 16. They are visually in good condition, however Amy reached out by herself to let me know that the cells I got was produced in December and tested lower capacity than the advertised 280Ah and is offering a 5$ per cell.
I have yet to receive my testing equipment to confirm, but I'll update when I do.
Thanks for the update. Would appreciate further updates from you on this.

Thanks for posting this. I will never do business with a vendor who knowingly shipped a defective product, then at my moment of maximum vulnerability offers a pathetic discount. Good luck.

This is pretty common practice to be able to produce or purchase all types of very official certificates throughout many aspects of life in China. When my Chinese wife applied for her Green Card she did not have her birth certificate. A few days later her son in China sent her a copy of one that looked official but which I understood years later that he purchased at a local shop.
I still do not know her exact age or birthday but in eight years her capacity to take care of me is what matters. Capacity and length of service are also what matter in batteries.
Same is the case in Iran, my Sister in law randomly made up a birth day when she applied for a green card. I think the INS knows this and didn't care because that is just how things are in many parts of the world.

But yes Asian certificates hold as much weight as monopoly money.

I cold go on, but my Doctor is from Veitnam and practiced medicine for 15 years, when he moved her, he had to take the medcat and spend another 6 years in various programs and residency before he could practice again.... A pitty because he is going to retire in about a year.

Not saying our doctors are the best in the world, but our doctors probably get sued more than the rest of the world, combined. I'm certain there are insurance companies that like that additional testing/schooling.

If there are fake documents everywhere in the world, how does anyone know if a doctor in some 2nd/3rd world country is even a doctor? Fake certificates? Sucks to retire in a year, but I'm all for extra protection for the patients.

I doubt everything. Yes, everything. I've been married for over 30 years and sometimes I doubt that I ever did. I have kids that do not act like they are mine.

Back