diy solar

diy solar

Qishou Tech LiFePo4 Cells arrived today

Tim R

Just received 8 cells that I ordered from Amy. I found and ordered what should have been Eve cells, but these don't look like Eve cells, do they?

All eight look new and all measure 3.29v, so I guess I won't have to balance them. I suppose if they work, I shouldn't worry if they are Eve cells or not???

1612306040803.png

1612306005649.png

1612305974407.png

They should still be top balanced. I have no idea who made those cells. They look like EVE cells, but so do a lot of others.

Amy -> Seems several Vendors now have an AMY on staff. Isn't that coincidentally peculiar ?
Provide LINK to vendor who sold them.
They are probably repacks from a cell broker.

EVE brand 280Ah batteries were purchased from:

HK QISHOU TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
Sales manager:Amy
Amy@qisocell.com
No. C1622, Floor 16, Niulanqian Bldg., Minzhi Road, Minzhi Street, Longhua New Dist., Shenzhen,Guangdong, China
Phone:+86 159 1992 0478
Fax:+86 159 1992 0478

EVE brand 280Ah batteries were purchased from:

HK QISHOU TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
Sales manager:Amy
Amy@qisocell.com
No. C1622, Floor 16, Niulanqian Bldg., Minzhi Road, Minzhi Street, Longhua New Dist., Shenzhen,Guangdong, China
Phone:+86 159 1992 0478
Fax:+86 159 1992 0478
Price?

but these don't look like Eve cells, do they?
What makes you say that?
They look like EVE to me
All eight look new and all measure 3.29v, so I guess I won't have to balance them.
That's not how that works. Voltage in the middle of the spectrum gives you very little to no info on how balanced they actually are. As others have mentioned you should still top balance. If you like you can do a capacity test cycle first, to see if they are balanced well enough for you, but use a BMS because voltages don't really start diverging until the top or the bottom of the voltage range.

What makes you say that?
They look like EVE to me

That's not how that works. Voltage in the middle of the spectrum gives you very little to no info on how balanced they actually are. As others have mentioned you should still top balance. If you like you can do a capacity test cycle first, to see if they are balanced well enough for you, but use a BMS because voltages don't really start diverging until the top or the bottom of the voltage range.
I was under the assumption that the EVE cells had round terminal rather than Eye shaped.

Thanks. The QR code 110% confirms these are EVE cells. The outer insulator is eye shaped. The A58 marking is the date code. Do all of your cells have the same date code?

Reactions: Dzl
Thanks. The QR code 110% confirms these are EVE cells. The outer insulator is eye shaped. The A58 marking is the date code. Do all of your cells have the same date code?
No, the date codes are all pretty much different. What's the format of the date code?

We haven't 100% figured it out, but here is the biggest piece of info/context we have to go off of:
1602821646498.png

Initially people thought it was a hex code, 87C would = 8712 in our number system. The assumption was that 8712 was 8 as in 2018, 7 as in July (7th month of the year) 12 as in 12th day of July. It made sense for 87C, but there were no more known data points to go off of and we never resolved it as far as I know.

Initially people thought it was a hex code, 87C would = 8712 in our number system. The assumption was that 8712 was 8 as in 2018, 7 as in July (7th month of the year) 12 as in 12th day of July. It made sense for 87C, but there were no more known data points to go off of and we never resolved it as far as I know.
This, there is nothing to contradict, or confirm the interpretation.

I believe the date codes work as below

87C
8 = 2018
7 = July (1-9,A-C)
C = 12th (1-9,A-V)

My recent cells are date code B6M
B = 2021
6 = June
M = 22nd

The poster that started this thread had cells with date code A5S
A = 2020
5 = May