diy solar

diy solar

Quality of LiFePO4 Prismatic batteries

Staffan

There are many vendors for these batteries, such as Alibaba (China), which sells LiFePO4 batteries. In the EU I have only found GWL that sells Winston and
those batteries seem to be of good quality, it appears a lot on YouTube. However, Winston and its enclosures have lower capacity in terms of volume and weight and are relatively expensive.
What makes these so much more expensive than the next type, which has aluminum casings and usually has a blue plastic film around it. The battery I found on Alibaba that shows the best features is
RJ-LFP54174201-202 (3.2V / 202Ah 6000 cycles DOD) and costs $ 102.

What I would like is that a video is created comparing the power / price / number of cycles on a few different groups of battery cells, for example the ones I mentioned above.

When building a battery system with BMS it is very important if you have a home system or you should replace, as in my case, a system that previously had large AGM batteries and then want to be able to fit in with the new dual capacity solution (which is possible when switching to LiFePO4), see attached documents how I intended to switch from 2x12.8V / 225Ah AGM to 16x3.2V / 202Ah (becomes 25.6V / 404Ah), in my boat with solar cells. In Sweden where there will be minus degrees on my installation site, BMS must switch off the charge at minus degrees.

Someone who has experience of especially Prismatic batteries with aluminum caps and blue plastic film about them.

Grateful for the views
Staffan in Sweden

Attachments

• Batterier_och_lada_24V-400Ah.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 15
Back