diy solar

diy solar

QUCC 500a with separate charge/discharge relays

jsmitman82

Has anyone tried one of these out?

I'm considering the "6S-16S, BMS-Relay-Hall" version for 48v 16S1P battery packs with EVE LF280K cells.

I'm aware of the single relay option that JBD offers, and the QUCC rebrand of it that has been discussed on these forums. However, I have not been able to find any threads mentioning this newer dual relay option.

I contacted the seller and asked if they would sell extra relays, the price I was quoted was $30 each for extra relays. This was with an order of 4x BMS and 8x extra relays. Seems like a good price for those relays, not sure you could buy them used for that price in the usa.

*Edit: Looks like you can find the EV200AAANA relays on aliexpress from other vendors also, so I suppose a typical overseas price after all. Although those other ads have shipping charges whereas this BMS one does not, and I presume the extra relays are also free shipping.

I'd also like to note that the single relay version offered by QUCC has a built in precharge resistor, as shown in the QUCC videos done by "Off-Grid Garage" on youtube. I would assume this dual relay design does also. I like this given it eliminates the need to build an 'inverter disconnect with pre-charge switch'. From what I've read these EV200AAANA relays are pretty nice, and with built in precharge they should last a very long time.

I had QUCC email me the documentation for this unit (manual and comms protocol/datasheet). I've attached all documents to this post.

Side note: the manual confirms "pre charge and pre discharge function"

Attachments

• QJ-500A616U4CB V2.0.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • QUCC-ModbusRTU 3x Communication protocol V1.7 - Internet of things development version.pdf
    240.6 KB · Views: 51
  • QUCC-CAN 3x communication datasheet-V2.0.pdf
    288.8 KB · Views: 42
  • QUCC-ModbusRTU 3x Communication protocol v1.6 - user version.pdf
    203.3 KB · Views: 47
Hi, did you try out the PC app for this BMS? Looks like they only have the Chinese version of the PC app.

Back