diy solar

diy solar

QUCC BMS

Ai4px

I’m pretty sure the 200amp QUCC bms is a knock off of another brand. Is there any iOS app for this BMS? It came with a link for android but I don’t have an android device. It also comes with a link for PC software. I haven’t tried yet, but I wonder if I can connect to it with a bluetooth serial profile and access it as if it was a com port on the PC.... any ideas?

Well I have learned that XiaoxiangBMS on iOS works with this bms. It’s made by jdb so SmartBMS may also work.

Having bought the QUCC BMS and installed it I now have a problem which will affect anyone else who has yet to download the software. The feedback about the Xiaoxiang BMS software as always been critical but now it is totally unusable for monitoring and controlling the QUCC hardware. This is because the available version of the software on Play Store has now reverted from 3.1.1026 to 3.1.1014. This no longer offers display of all the cell voltages and has a much reduced menu options. Unless there is another app which can control this BMS it seems that I will have to buy a different BMS. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Read more

Your should be able to download the 1026 version from the Overkill Solar web site.

Due to kind help from another forum member I now have a copy of the 1026 version. Not sure why the one on Play Store has reverted to the older less capable version.

Hi, I bought a few QUCC BMS boards recently. I am using it for 14S, 200A. I have a strange issue with cell-1 voltage in all these boards. The voltage is read correctly until the circuit is closed. Once it starts discharging, the cell one voltage discharges faster than all the other 13 cells and triggers the under voltage protection. As soon as it triggers the protection and DSG_FET goes off, the cell reads correct voltage again which is way above the under voltage protection value. If my wiring was wrong it should be reading wrong voltages also when the load is cut off, which is not the case. The official site has wiring for 20S, 16S, 12S but not for 14S. I took the available wiring diagrams as a reference for 14S. I have attached the wiring diagrams. Can someone please verify if that looks right? I don't really understand how the reference changes as soon as the circuit is closed. Or why it reads incorrect voltage only on the first cell.

Attachments

• 12S.png
    12S.png
    237.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 14S.png
    14S.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 16S.png
    16S.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 5
Generally, what causes voltage drop under load is a bad connection. I suspect the problem is the pack instead of the BMS

I would rearrange the pack with that cell in a different position ..... after labeling all cells ..... check bus bars closely for oxidation and reassemble with bus bars in a different position also
If the problem moves with the cell, the cell is the problem .... if it goes away, you fixed a bad connection.

Can you post a picture of your pack?

Back