diy solar

diy solar

Qucc Smart BMS Relay Contactor for a 48v battery

Sbellins

Hi,
i'm upgrading a solar system, now it's without batteries and i'm installing a li-ion battery bank.

The battery bank will be 13S (or maybe 14s, i accept suggestions) 4p, i'm using 10Ah cells (in the future i will add more cells)
For the bms i found on aliexpress a Qucc Smart BMS Relay Contactor that works with 7s to 20s packs. It is rated for 200A continus (links for the items in the bottom)
I use a 48V charge controller/ATS/inverter combo with this ratings:
-Solar charge current 80A max (configurable for less if needed)
-Inverter Max current 4100A (5kw continus power output)
-USer-defined battery parameters
it can be connetect in parallel with other units to have more power output or with 3 unit to have 400v 3phase (not needed for now but maybe yes in the future)

My budget is around 150€
Is this bms good for my application? Does anyone have experience with it?
Do you suggest this one or a 150A-200A daly bms with Common port?

BMS https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001316225854.html
Inverter/charge controller https://www.masterbattery.es/en/omega-x.html

take a look at the off grid garage video series. He looks at both those BMS's and I think has another video going up Sunday. Based on what I have seen I would go with Qucc.

take a look at the off grid garage video series. He looks at both those BMS's and I think has another video going up Sunday. Based on what I have seen I would go with Qucc.
Tanks, 've seen it's videos but i've found conflicting informations. He say that it's good, then he say that if it discharge all the way it cannot charge back if inverter is powered on

Last edited:
I have the JBD 200a relay version
16S. I have the same issue with offgrid system
Mpp Solar tells me lvx6048 has to have grid power if battery goes too low.

The BMS shuts down on low cell voltage So charge can not get to battery. Once Sun comes up BMS relay keep trying to connect but only for a second not long enough to charge low cell

I have the JBD 200a relay version
You will get better responses if you start a new thread or find one about the JBD 200 Amp contactor BMS or the MPP inverter. This seems more like an issue about the inverter than the BMS since most system designs would suggests that the inverter should be the primary control over low voltage disconnect. Start a new thread and ping me, I have some ideas.

This thread has not been active for at least a year.

Last edited:
Back