diy solar

diy solar

Question about correct wiring of circuit breaker

Sockeye

I am installing a system in my travel trailer very similar to Will's Classic 400 watt system. I have a T Tocas circuit breaker to be installed between the SCC and the battery. This breaker is the same one Will recommends for his 400 watt system. One lug on the circuit breaker is marked BAT/LINE and the other is marked AUX/LOAD.

Tell me if I am overthinking this, but since the normal flow of current will be toward the battery, with the SCC acting as the "line" and the battery acting as the "load", should I attached the wire from the SCC to the LINE terminal and the wire from the battery to the LOAD terminal? Or does it even matter? Seems like it would matter since the terminals are marked.

After writing the above, I checked the picture on Will's website of his 400 watt system. It appears from the position of the manual button that trips the breaker, that he has the wires coming from his SCC connected to the BAT/LINE terminal.

Is your SCC one of those All-In-One SCC/inverter type?

Last edited:
Thank you, rmaddy. I had read that thread a few months ago, but must have skimmed over your post since I think most of the discussion was about double pole breakers between solar panels and the SCC.

Is your SCC one of those All-In-One SCC/inverter type?
I have a Victron Smartsolar 100/30 SCC. It is not an all-in-one.

Back