diy solar

diy solar

Question about Drok Battery Capacity/Load Test Meter

tanec

Hello Guys,

I'm so happy that I found this forum with a lot of useful information.

I would like to ask people who have Drok Battery Capacity/Load Test Meter, if the device can measure bidirectional current and to be used as battery monitor. I'm a bit confused, because on amazon description says that it is bidirectional, but on the @Will Prowse web page of battery monitors, he stated that if it show zero current, you should flop the hall sensor.

If I cannot use it, will go with chinese Victron battery meter.

1580280640630.jpeg

Hi Will! Thanks for the fast response and great videos on youtube! Actually you made my van power system :).

Btw, do you have affiliate links for amazon.co.uk as I'm located in Europe or any link where I can say thank you :)

Is your application mobile (RV etc.) or fixed?
DC Hall sensors are sensitive to the earth's magnetic field & will induce errors into your data if moved & not re-zeroed. Re-zeroing interrupts the data capture process as well.

Yes, it is in my campervan. Do you know how much percentage is the error if the device is not calibrated every time?

This is a good point, If the difference is big between the charges, I will buy other, shunt type capacity meter.

Ok I purchased this meter and am having a heck of a time getting it to work. any chance you could make a short video going through it? there is nothing online that I can find anywhere. my exact model # is VAC9010H. @Will Prowse

Ok I purchased this meter and am having a heck of a time getting it to work. any chance you could make a short video going through it? there is nothing online that I can find anywhere. my exact model # is VAC9010H. @Will Prowse
Ohh did it not come with a manual? Have to read manual, lots of random details.

Hardest setting to find is setting it to zero. Press the down arrow till it's at lowest selection that can't be seen, then press ok. Really weird reset method and hard to find in instructions.

Hardest setting to find is setting it to zero. Press the down arrow till it's at lowest selection that can't be seen, then press ok. Really weird reset method and hard to find in instructions.
Hey Will, mine came with no manual, and I can't find anything that makes sense online

That's odd mine came with a little "manual" (8x11 glossy foldup) there is even an orientation arrow on the hall sensor.
the fun part, stuffing 4/0 through that hall sensor... shall we say "snug". Scanned "manual" attached for anyone wanting it. It is too bad that the most common one is 100A capacity sensor and not higher (which are available).

Attachments

• DROK-manual.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 69
Hello Guys. You can find a manual for DROK Meter on this link - https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/D1xd3n-y-DS.pdf

Finally I had sometime to draw my current setup, which on the process of drawing is wrong on part of measurements. Right now it is able only to measure consumption but not charging.
camperel_current.png
I have changed it to a new version, which I think will measure both Charging and Discharging. The only thing that I'm not sure about it is - is it okay to have ground from battery and Renogy DCC50S attached to vehicle chassis.
camperel_new.png
And one question to @Will Prowse - Do you know if Renogy DCC50S will cut charging, after battery reach certain voltage, when BVS port is connected. I didn't find any information how it works, so if you have some experience with this kind of protection, will be happy if you share your thoughts.
camperel_current.png

Attachments

• camperel_new2.png
    camperel_new2.png
    277.4 KB · Views: 13
Yesterday I had some time to play with the measurements, and here is the final variant where I can measure both in and out of the battery. Just not sure if it is good to have all grounds on one point at the chassis.

Also, from Renogy manual for DCC50S it is not clear to which battery (service or house) you have to connect BVS cable. If someone can help I will really appreciate :)
camperel_final.png

Hello Guys,

I'm so happy that I found this forum with a lot of useful information.

I would like to ask people who have Drok Battery Capacity/Load Test Meter, if the device can measure bidirectional current and to be used as battery monitor. I'm a bit confused, because on amazon description says that it is bidirectional, but on the @Will Prowse web page of battery monitors, he stated that if it show zero current, you should flop the hall sensor.

If I cannot use it, will go with chinese Victron battery meter.

View attachment 6136
I received mine today and I'm not sure if I trust the readings:
20200221_204949.jpg
My MPP HV LV 2424 is showing 27.1 as well.

No Manuals here either.... a quick vid would be nice!

Back