diy solar

diy solar

Question about Easun 2k48v

HTGRIFF

I've been using this device for about 2 months now and have been very pleased with it, but today I finally connected it up to my laptop via WatchPower and I was surprised at what I saw. When the device is set to AGM battery profile it seems to refuse to charge (charging light stops flashing and panel icon on device panel goes away). When set to "user defined" icon reappears and charging resumes.

One might think that the batteries are fully charged based on the default AGM parameters, accounting for the stop in charging, and going to the user defined setting allowed it to resume charging since my set points are different. But here is the problem, WatchPower shows completely different info based on the selection of AGM or User and none of the numbers seem to make sense.

When set to user, the battery % fluctuates constantly from 30 to 60, and the battery voltage does the same thing between 49v and 54v. When I switch to AGM, the readings stabilize, but still appear to be wrong, with battery % sitting around 40% even after hours of charging, and battery voltage running between 50v and 53v.

System is lightly loaded. I've never had more than a 30% load on it ever, and for at least 16hr a day, load is around 5%. Even though I have some shade issues, on a sunny day I can get 1500w+ for 4-5hr, and 400w average for an additional 3hrs this time of year. There's no way I'm 60% discharged.

Is this just a Watchpower issue? How is my device going to maintain my batteries if it's generating bad readings? Any thoughts would be appreciated. TIA

Easun iSolar MLV 2K48V, 9 x 270w panels(3s3p), 4 x Powerstar 12v200ah batteries

Last edited:
I use the 24v version of a similar unit and use LiFePo4 batteries. in order for it to charge the batteries properly and give me decent battery use time, I had to set the parameters as per attached image. I had to tinker with the bulk Charging and Float voltages and these settings work well for me.

Hope that helps.
Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 11.41.13.png

Back