diy solar

diy solar

Question about EPever 40 amp MPPT tracer BN

soundguy5

I have the classic 400 watt system using the recommended Epever 40amp MPPT tracer BN. In the daytime while charging the battery display seems to work fine. But at night, when I am using it, it does show discharge but when I'm through, it goes back to full. Do I need a battery monitor, or is something wrong with my Epever?

The battery display is based off voltage. While drawing down, you can see the voltage drop. Going back to a rest state, the voltage will rise back up. You didn't mention anything about your batteries or power usage.

I have an epever 20A mppt tracer, and it does the same thing. The battery monitor on it is useless., especially with lifepo4 batteries. If you really want to monitor battery capacity, consider adding a shunt meter to your setup.

I have an epever 20A mppt tracer, and it does the same thing. The battery monitor on it is useless., especially with lifepo4 batteries. If you really want to monitor battery capacity, consider adding a shunt meter to your setup.
Thanks for your response. I use the Lifepo4 Deep Cycle Battery 12V 100 Ah. That's exactly what I was thinking, too. But didn't know if the Epever was faulty or not. This has been a big help.

The battery display is based off voltage. While drawing down, you can see the voltage drop. Going back to a rest state, the voltage will rise back up. You didn't mention anything about your batteries or power usage.
I use LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery 12V 100Ah and hooked up the TV and cable for a night. It went down about 40%. Then after I stopped using it, the Epever battery showed full.

I use LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery 12V 100Ah and hooked up the TV and cable for a night. It went down about 40%. Then after I stopped using it, the Epever battery showed full.
Sounds about right. Kinda annoying at first.

Back