diy solar

diy solar

QUESTION CONCERNING TEMPORRY BATTERY USE TO POWER OUR CABIN BUILD USING GENERATOR TO CHARGE BATTERY BANK UNTIL SOLAFR ARRAY IS INSTALLED

radi052

I HAVE 2 GROWATT SPF5000 ES CHARGE CONTROLLERS, A 5KW MIDPOINT TRANSFORMER AND 3 LIFE POWER 4 -51.2 VOLT IN A RACK. IM BUILDING A SMALL CABIN IN THE WOODS AND WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO CHARGE THE BATTERIES WITH A GENERATOR UNTIL MY SOLAR ARRAY IS COMPLETED. DOES ANYONE HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM THEY WOULD SHARE SO THAT I DONT MAKE ANY MISTAKES DOING THIS? I DO HAVE 3 EG4 WATERPROOF CHARGERS AND 3 S132 PEL 64R 4 PV DISCONNECTS INCLUDED IN THIS BUILD.

Last edited:
Sorry for offending you. 42 years at a powerhouse that requires cap locks on all interactions. Retired now and need some adjusting back to normal.
Thanks for the info though. It is appreciated.

Sorry for offending you. 42 years at a powerhouse that requires cap locks on all interactions. Retired now and need some adjusting back to normal.
Thanks for the info though. It is appreciated.

What is a powerhouse? Just curious.

I worked for a power company producing electricity at a generating station. The power house is the place the boilers, turbines and
generators are located that produce the power that goes out on the grid.

Your inverter will have a set of terminals that look something like this. You simply wire the ACout to your electrical panel, and the AC in to a wall-mount generator socket. You then make an extension cord with two four-prong plugs/sockets that go from the L1, L2, N, G of your generator to the L1, L2, N, G of your inverter.
1655429699492.png

Back