diy solar

diy solar

Question for East / West facing panels in Series vs Par.

supradupafast

Hello ,

Before I get into it, I've spent several hours reading on this Forum and have learned a ton over the last few months before plunging in a small DIY system.
I currently have a small system, consists of 6x 100Watt renogy panels , with a Renogy Rover 60A , and Amperetimes 12v 200ah.

With all the reading on Series vs Parallel strings, I understand Series is best in full sun and Parallel for part shade.
My 6 panels are mounted on a smaller shed , with 3 facing east and the other 3 facing south.
The roof pitch isn't extreme, and as of now I have the 6 wired up in series giving me approx 120V @ +- 6Amp .

My question is, should I rethink my configuration to having 3S2P , 3 east Series / 3 west series ?
Am I hurting the output of the overall system when the 3 are not getting as much sun than the other 3 ?

Looking for some input.

Thanks,

With a shallow angle difference. It probably isn't a big problem. But, it is s going to be less efficient. It would be a good learning experience to try it both ways. As long as you stay within the SCC's parameters.

6S with 3 South and 3 East?

Yes. Reconfigure immediately. All series panels should be facing the same way.

3S2P is the better choice. S, E, W depends on what gets the most sun.

6S with 3 South and 3 East?

Yes. Reconfigure immediately. All series panels should be facing the same way.

3S2P is the better choice. S, E, W depends on what gets the most sun.
It's an almost flat roof shed. While I agree that 3s2p is best. May not be much of a difference.

Back