diy solar

diy solar

Question for those who connected solar to ATS to old AC/DC panel

jjosephiina

Recently finished setting up my solar to my roadtrek, and hooked up my 800w system (80a charge controller, 3000w inverter) to my class b’s existing system using a 30a Automatic Transfer Switch and wiring everything together like this [video](https://youtu.be/jpICwTtAV_I) while also disabling the class b’s old converter. While the inverter and charge controller work perfectly while it’s all plugged in, all my AC appliances worked good, minus my air conditioner, it turns on for 1 sec and then turns off immediately. And none of my DC works. I’ve triple checked to make sure i wired everything correctly and not sure what i did wrong. My goal is to have everything connected to my class b vans older AC DC panel to be solely powered by my solar system, using my new ATS. (without rewiring everything)
What did i do wrong?

You need to list out exactly what equipment you have and how it is installed, otherwise it's all wild guesses.
So my wild guess is that the floating ground is causing issues and tripping the ATS and/or the inverter circuit. Grounding can be very difficult to get right, and kill you when you get it wrong. Or your AC is instantly tripping your Inverter/batteries, and that is causing your DC loads to fail.

I'm sure we can get you fixed up but it will be an interactive process.
Lets start at the ac/dc distribution panel.
Please post a picture of the ac/dc distribution panel with the door open.
How is the dc side of the panel connected to your new system?

Back