diy solar

diy solar

question on inverter install on a new house

DEMitchel

Want to install a grid tie solar with battery backup system. We are watching our house being built. The electrician and contractor are completely unfamiliar with how a solar and battery backup system is installed. I am at a loss to figure out next step of where to divert the circuit to install the inverter. As a first step I had the electrician create two load centers/circuit breaker boxes, one is vital loads, the other loads that we can do without till grid power comes back on. The meter panel has two 200 amp breakers, so one is to vital loads which I circled in the picture, I circled the three wires that are involved. Is this the spot where we would remove the wires from the lugs and connect them to the output of the inverter? Then from the inverter and grid disconnect back to the lugs on the circuit breaker?

I just want to identify anything we should do now.

Thanks for any pointers

Daniel

Attachments

• 200 Amp breaker circled.jpg
    200 Amp breaker circled.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The one thing I would suggest to make adding a hybrid inverter later would be a wiring gutter below your critical loads panel an where you might mount your hybrid inverter. It will make moving connections easier in the future.

Back