diy solar

diy solar

Question on Parallel Inverter Operation

FloridaSolarMan

Hello,

I am currently trying to pick my inverter setup which needs to be 240V split phase and at least 4000w. My battery is 24V.

I am considering both individual components as well as all-in-ones. From my shopping around it looks like my options for all-in-one setups are limited to those which can be setup in parallel which narrows it down to basically 2x MPP Solar LV2424 or 2x Growatt 3000 (not sure the model #).

What I am wondering is on the parallels if I always need to power both on for my system to be operational or if there is a way I can setup or wire these inverters such that I can run a load with just one inverter powered on, and only have both on when I need the 240V split phase output (for my well pump).

Esp when running off the battery with no solar coming in, it's a waste to have both units running to power a load which a single one can easily handle. If my thinking is off here, please let me know.

If such is the case then I may opt for stand alone components (looking at Sungold 4000W Split phase or Schneider Conext 4024).

Appreciate the help!

Have you looked at Sol-ark? They have split phase inverters.

It would be very difficult to flip back and forth between single phase and split phase. The biggest problem is that stacked inverters have to be configured for split-phase and have a communications channel between them. Once they are set up, if either goes out for any reason, the other immediately shuts down. (This is for safety reasons).

Have you looked at Sol-ark? They have split phase inverters.

It would be very difficult to flip back and forth between single phase and split phase. The biggest problem is that stacked inverters have to be configured for split-phase and have a communications channel between them. Once they are set up, if either goes out for any reason, the other immediately shuts down. (This is for safety reasons).

Makes sense, thanks.

I am building a backup solar system so don't need something as robust (or pricey) as the Sol-ark.

I will probably go with the Schneider Conext, seems to be a high quality brand at a reasonable price point. Maybe the Sungold (at almost half the price of the Conext) will be good enough but I am not fully confident in that brand. This is an emergency backup system so when I need it, it needs to be reliable.

Back