diy solar

diy solar

Question on RV battery connections

Kcdaniels

Here is the link to give you a idea of my little build....

My question is I was looking at the batteries and just noticed that I had wired the original RV battery connection the same way ?
Would it be better if I made the connections at the buss bars ? Especially if I install a shunt to monitor the batteries ?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210609_182323.jpg
    20210609_182323.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 24
You need a single cable going from your main neagtive on your battery (on the far right) to the shunt and then put the black and white cables you currently have on the main negative on the other side of the shunt.

Thanks...so pretty much leave the cables there like they are....then if I add a shunt later on just add it to the negative side ...

Where are the loads to the 12 volt systems in you rv or have you basically built a system that basically just runs the inverter and charges the house batteries leaving the basic RV charging and loads as is??

Where are the loads to the 12 volt systems in you rv or have you basically built a system that basically just runs the inverter and charges the house batteries leaving the basic RV charging and loads as is??
The batteries are supplying the 12 volts to the RV.....just as before I installed the solar set up....I'm sorry not sure I understand the question ?
The solar panels supply watts to the SCC and charges the batteries.... then when I need AC (120 v) I turn on the inverter....

Back