diy solar

diy solar

Question on the Epever Tracer 3215BN Charge Controler

liflores

I am using the Tracer 3215BN controller with the MT50 remoter meter. In one of Will's videos he states to "not use" the Load Terminals on the charge controller. How can you monitor the watts being used if nothing flows through the charge controller?

I am also using the EPEVER software on my computer to monitor my solar system. Again I have the same problem of not being able to load power. is there a way to monitor the wattage through the MT50 remote meter and the EPEVER software on the computer?

I am using the Tracer 3215BN controller with the MT50 remoter meter. In one of Will's videos he states to "not use" the Load Terminals on the charge controller. How can you monitor the watts being used if nothing flows through the charge controller?

Generally this would be accomplished with a battery monitor (i.e. a shunt or hall sensor). This monitors energy in vs energy out.

The reason people say not to use the load terminals is because they aren't rated for high current, they are meant for smaller loads usually.

you need a smart meter on inverter GND.
or if you have talent you can make your own shunt with arduino.

Back