diy solar

diy solar

Question on Will's 4,000 watt solar blueprint

Jamie.sanders

hello all, I am looking at building Will's 4,000 watt solar system, and I have a question.
Can I replace the 3,000 watt inverter he uses for a 4,000 watt 24V inverter or 5,000 watt 24V inverter (same brand and type) without needing to change anything else

could you use two, 2,000 watt inverts (24Volt) without any other changes to the system? (might be more cost effective)
or cause any issues with his design? I would like a bit more inverter power to handle compressor surge from a
refrig and a deep freeze.

I have my batteries, 16 cells (4 batteries) 280ah Lifepo4. on order but it will be couple of months before they get here.
I will have about 2,000 watts of solar panels.

Last edited:
hello all, I am looking at building Will's 4,000 watt solar system, and I have a question.
Can I replace the 3,000 watt inverter he uses for a 4,000 watt 24V inverter or 5,000 watt 24V inverter (same brand and type) without needing to change anything else

could you use two, 2,000 watt inverts (24Volt) without any other changes to the system? (might be more cost effective)
or cause any issues with his design? I would like a bit more inverter power to handle compressor surge from a
refrig and a deep freeze.

I have my batteries, 16 cells (4 batteries) 280ah Lifepo4. on order but it will be couple of months before they get here.
I will have about 2,000 watts of solar panels.

First, be sure to note that in the photo Will points out that you should not use a Battery Protect.

If the inverter is replaced with a higher wattage inverter, the fuse and wire size for the inverter has to change to handle the higher current.

Back