diy solar

diy solar

question on Will's dual EG 6.5 setup - battery to busbar cables

Prefersdirt

Solar Enthusiast
As the chaos of life speeds up, I am at a point of making sure I have everything to install a system almost just like Will's 48V off grid solar system. My question is about the cables from the batteries to the busbar. Will 2/0 be enough? He has 4/0 from one set to the bus bar and 2/0 from another battery to the bus bar.

I "THINK" I already have plenty of 2/0 ends from my previous builds. Just confused on why the difference in cables. I will be running 2 (possibly 3) single DIY 48V batteries to the busbar. No racks of them.

Thank you

As the chaos of life speeds up, I am at a point of making sure I have everything to install a system almost just like Will's 48V off grid solar system. My question is about the cables from the batteries to the busbar. Will 2/0 be enough? He has 4/0 from one set to the bus bar and 2/0 from another battery to the bus bar.

I "THINK" I already have plenty of 2/0 ends from my previous builds. Just confused on why the difference in cables. I will be running 2 (possibly 3) single DIY 48V batteries to the busbar. No racks of them.

Thank you
I think that would just depend on what kind of amperage each battery is able to push/pull through it's cable to the busbar.. sustained amperage.

Considering some of the 48v100ah batteries come with 4awg or 6awg cables they expect you to use to the busbar, 2/0 for each battery pack to the bar is most likely plenty good enough.

@Will Prowse I think he just likes big fat cables.

Back