diy solar

diy solar

Question re: joining 10 AWG panel wire to higher gauge for long run

That is great thanks. I have one less thing on my I dunno list. It is getting shorter little by little.

Hey Hedges. I'm sure this isn't the place to refer to another post but here I go.
AlaskanNoob has a post in off grid living advice. Because I hate to ask what others are already discussing, I'm watching it and other posts. I'm eventually going to do similar but with shorter underground cable runs. I have our main cabin ready to go this spring, and have framed up 2 smaller cabins, I want to electrify down the road. I think these connectors will be of interest to him as well. I've read a lot of what you wrote on various threads. I think he could use some of your wisdom as well.

I'm on the Alaskan threads.
My main contributions were, either run pairs of 12 awg, maybe 10 awg from each string of PV back to SCC,
or put Sunny Boys up there and boost to 960V for the long run back. But that requires more Sunny Island to charge battery than he needs for AC loads.

Sorry Hedges I re read. I've been bouncing around a bit here, while isolated dealing with a bout of covid. Not fun.

Back