diy solar

diy solar

question regarding the solar array inputs for (2) LV6548 hybrid inverters

yourvision

There are two solar array inputs for each LV6548 hybrid inverter, when two inverters are placed together can each one of these pv inputs (4) for two inverters, handle the max open voltage of the inverter?? 250 vdc not 125 vdc each to total the 250vdc of a single unit? And the specifications say 18 x2 on the max input current on these pv array connections does that mean on an individual LV6548 each pv array connection can handle 18 amps separately????

There are two 250V 18A MPPT inputs. If you have two inverters, then you have four 250V 18A MPPT inputs. You don't halve the voltage to 125 because of adding additional inverters. Each of the four inputs is rated for 250Voc 18A.

Last edited:
Thank you Lithium, for clarifying my previous question, each input can handle an array up to the open voltage of 250voc and a max of 18amp input rating. Of course the array can put out more then the open voltage of the 250 in colder climates so its best to under size the voltage until one can calculate the max voltage of the particular array you are designing. I am following this correctly?

Of course the array can put out more then the open voltage of the 250 in colder climates so its best to under size the voltage until one can calculate the max voltage of the particular array you are designing. I am following this correctly?

Correct. You cannot exceed 250V. So for the exact reason you mentioned, you wouldn't want to connect like 245Voc. I would leave plenty of headroom if it were my system.

Back