diy solar

diy solar

Questions about Jackery 1500 and other solar units

ziggy29

So we are looking at an electric power station and solar charging in the $2-3K range. The Jackery 1500 came up on our list, but I don't know about the solar charging and the connections it uses. We'd probably want a 50 foot extension between the solar panels and the unit. Does such a beast exist? It sounds like there is only about a 10 foot cable between the solar panels and the unit itself. Is there an available extension? And if not, is there another unit in its class that does have the ability to extend to 50 feet? I'm pretty ignorant about electric power stations and solar connections. Thanks!

No extension available; you would have to make your own.

Note that early jackery 1500 only supports a max input of 6.25A, so if you want to get close to the max rated 300W solar input per MPPT input (there are 2 total), then you will need a panel operating at 48V (but under max Voc of 51V). I connected 2 Canada Solar HiDM 340 panels to each port in parallel and never got more than 225w per port due to amp limiting. Though I do get 225w per port almost as soon as the sun comes up.

The later 1500 can support up to 11A input, making solar charging more flexible.

Back