diy solar

diy solar

quick look?

asulwer

i have a tracer6415an with two 250w solar panels connected in series. four 6v 210a batteries, 2 pairs connected in series and those two pairs in parallel for 12v 420a

first, mt50 has no backlight, weird?

i think what i am looking at on the mt50 is pv v&a incoming to charge controller and v&a to battery, the load is zero.

i have three things connected to the charge controller and nothing else, pv, battery and mt50. none of the other connections are being used

load is dc load? what is being used from inverter which is directly connected to batteries?

battery volts wont go higher than 13v is that normal for flooded lead acid?

pv array is low because its early morning

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1
Connect the battery first. You should see battery voltage displayed on the main unit. I won't speak to your MT50 questions, I don't have one. I use a computer interface where you can see all settings on the same screen. Not familiar with the MT50.

Connect your panels (with some sunlight) and you should see your PV volts on the main panel. If it is charging you should see charging amps as well.

The "load" output is to drive very light loads, not to drive an inverter. The inverter needs to be connected to the battery.

FLA, boost charge voltage should be about 14.6v as I recall. But you may not see that if you don't have good sun. The battery will need to be mostly charged up to see that 14+volts.

battery was connected. unit turned on. pv array connected. attached image shows pv and battery volts and amps

Back