diy solar

diy solar

Quick question about an AIMS inverter

Doon1

I have an AIMS 6000w 24/240 split inverter/charger that I am testing before I buy. I hooked up the batteries and turned it on but nothing happend. No lights, fan, nothing. Can this thing run as a pure inverter or does it need the 240 volt input to turn it on? That wouldn't make sense to me but not everything does...
Thanks.
John

EDIT: I did make sure that I have good input voltage @ 25.8v

I have an AIMS 6000w 24/240 split inverter/charger that I am testing before I buy. I hooked up the batteries and turned it on but nothing happend. No lights, fan, nothing. Can this thing run as a pure inverter or does it need the 240 volt input to turn it on? That wouldn't make sense to me but not everything does...
Thanks.
John

EDIT: I did make sure that I have good input voltage @ 25.8v
I have AIMS 48v@3000w 120v and AIMS 48v@12000w 240/120v. I run both of them with no AC input + 48v battery wired in. I'd make sure the battery is providing DC input all the circuit breakers are ON or reset - and if it has a GCFI 120v socket, reset that as well. If you turn it on - you should see status lights on top - what do they show?

Mine have a set of 4? dip switches that setup various options - maybe recheck those.

And perhaps post some pics of dip, the status lights ... might reveal something

Hi and thanks for the response.
I've checked the dip switch positions, verified battery voltage, and checked the circuit breakers. All is at it's supposed to be. I even hotwired the #3 and #5 pins of the remote display to see if the issue might be in the control panel. No lights, no joy.
I've gone ahead and given the unit back to the guy I got it from.
I'm back on the hunt for a suitable unit. I'm begining to thing I would be best served buying new instead of used. Gonna have to dig a little deeper I guess...

Hi and thanks for the response.
I've checked the dip switch positions, verified battery voltage, and checked the circuit breakers. All is at it's supposed to be. I even hotwired the #3 and #5 pins of the remote display to see if the issue might be in the control panel. No lights, no joy.
Agree- sounds dead to me / shouldn't be that hard :).

Back