diy solar

diy solar

Quick review/test of Toughland/Outbax/Everglow 12v 45ah LiFePO4 (AUS)

MachOne

I needed an affordable battery for a small trolling motor on a kayak and found this on sale for $178 AUD and decided to take a chance on it. It was a toss up between this and the Renogy 50Ah. I ordered it from Outbaxcamping on Ebay.

Before voiding the warranty I ran it through two discharge/charge cycles at 20amps, where it returned a few hundred mAh over its rating. Happy enough with this, I preceded to remove the top panel that was stuck with a few blobs of silicone, and found the case was originally designed for a wet cell lead battery. I hacked through the top plastic with a saw and some side cutters, which was not easy given the construction was designed for the 6 lead acid cells with dividers and fillers etc.

Once opened the 4S3P 15Ah 33140 cylindrical cells can be seen mounted in cell holders. The stickers show the factory tested capacity and manufacture date. The 40amp BMS is unfortunately hidden down the front so I was unable to get any details on that. The construction looks typical of these cheap units, not great but not completely terrible. I believe these cells were used in the Voltax 135Ah batteries as well. For the price I am happy enough with it so far.

20220725_170610.jpg

20220725_170700.jpg

Are you certain there is a BMS? That is some HUGE bussbar material, should handle the amps those headway style cells are capable of.

Are you certain there is a BMS? That is some HUGE bussbar material, should handle the amps those headway style cells are capable of.
Yes you can just see the top of it if you look down inside the front. It does shut off at min and max volts too. The main + - interconnects are pretty beefy, yes. I'm guessing the same factory makes this unit and uses the same parts https://diysolarforum.com/threads/i-opened-up-a-cheap-rapidx-199-au-279-lifepo4-photos.34169/

Back