diy solar

diy solar

Rack LFP battery models available in Europe other than Pylontech?

guerby

Hi,

I'm watching reviews of many new rack LFP batteries like SOK but when I look in Europe web stores they're mostly selling pylontech and no other brand.

Do you have suggestions and experience with european sellers of non pylontech rack LFP batteries ?

Thanks!

Hey @guerby!

Any luck finding a store yet? I've also been searching for a supplier in Europe of some more known brand of rack batteries with no luck. Today I found one more supplier in Europe, https://emotion-e.com selling a brand called "Seplos".

Best regards /John

Seach not only for "Server Rack Mounted" but also "Telecom Batteries" (which is what the server rack batteries really are BTW, (Server Rack is a misnomer). BE CAUTIOUS as sizing does vary relative to capacity & mounting type. The length & Width of these has to be LOOKED AT.

There are several producers like CALB, EVE who actually produce full rack mount battery systems and they generally do NOT rebrand BUT may make custom OEM Versions for specific companies to their own Value Added Reseller lines.

GSL China is an OEM who also provides many Rack Mounted Batteries for VARS which have been shown in some teardowns and more.

Have a Peruse here for the various types & formats as well... As you look at the listing note the configurations and the differences and THEN the prices THEY ALSO CARRY, 60V, 72V, 96V Battery Packs and more.... One of the Very Few !

Hope it helps, Good Luck

Yes I had the same question. In Europe you can hardly get these server rack batteries from Chinese brands.
And the well reviewed brands are typically a bit harder to order out of China. (for example EG4)

The server rack from SOK is looking very appealing, but they dont seem to have options to EU yet.
Some solar retail installers are offering BYD battery boxes in Europe if you make a full installation plan with them.
I don't know where they get their racks from tho.

Well yes, what is available are the BYD and Growatt batteries. And some more.
They are not server rack batteries, but that is okay. Typically they are offered in Low voltage 48v variant and high voltage variant (basically just going in series)

I think, of those the Growatt is the most affordable. Buying per 2.5kWh
However the server rack batteries are still cheaper, if you can buy them.

Back