diy solar

diy solar

Rail-less mount on metal roof

Scorch

I'm looking at using a rail-less direct roof mount on my standing seam metal roof. My only concern is whether or not it will get sufficient airflow underneath the panels and if that even matters or not? I'm located in Oklahoma and it can get pretty hot there (Typical summer temps in the high 90's), and it is in a wooded area, so not a ton of airflow. I'm looking at using a light colored roof, but still worried that a direct mount could let excess heat build up.

Would love the hear anyones experience with these. Note, this is a new build.

Link to the clamps

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081DS9JKX

There are lots of them out there, but I have no idea what is the best. Standing seams vary a bunch, and that is a major consideration. I hope someone weighs in and we can all learn the best one. Good luck!

S-5 makes a bunch of clamps and has a PVKIT 2.0 which screw in the top. Slick system. Ace clamp A2N also has a nice direct to metal attachment clamp. Both the ace clamp, and the new s-5 clamp utilize a bolt to compress a plate against the standing seam profile. This avoids a set screw penetrating the standing seam, and provides more area for a stronger attachment.

Back