diy solar

diy solar

Raspberry pi, victron , home made stuff

Arne999

I have a Victron Multiplus and a victron smart solar, Raspberry pi 4 and a lot of other stuff....

My plan is to make a program that controls when to charge the battery based on, time spotprice on electricity when to uset the battery bank etc etc

Victron suggests installing Venus end by following their guide I will end up with a manual victron "controlboard" for the different devices. Is this a dead end if I want to manipulate the settings according to my self made program?

Essentially, I see you trying to recreate something that already exists.

Victron Venus OS (RPi or GX device) + ESS assistant = does what you want to program it to do and is already commonly in use in the EU for this reason.

You might be able to improve upon it with more granular control.

If I use venus OS (I have implemented that now) I can only control the inverter. So I will now add another rapberry py and install Home assistant for gatharing all devices I want to use for control.

By just using one rapberry pi with home assistant, I need to talk with the victron via the mk3 protocol (complicated and I dont find any project on github to copy paste from )

Using venus on one raspberry and home assistant on another Home assistant can read with a different protocol (Modbus?) Anyway this has been done and shared so it will be quite straight forward to implement.

Im a bit suprised that noone have done a Mk3-> home assistant project.

Back