diy solar

diy solar

Raspberry PI (Where to buy in Australia)

Deyedreamer

Hi, anyone know where I can purchase a Raspberry PI 4B 4G from to use with Solar Assistant.
I am located in Australia.
Am willing to buy overseas as it seems impossible to buy in Australia

Thanks.

Due to global chip shortages, it almost impossible to find PIs these days anywhere...

I have seen some on Aliexpress, but they are asking ridiculous prices for them.

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I noticed the high prices also.
Even Alibaba want $200 per piece.
Will have to wait till stock is available.
Will have to use the DEYE apps for now.

Do these guys (official sellers) have any?

or here:

Plenty available here in the UK on Amazon, slightly higher price than last year but available. Happy to ship one over if that would help but might be more expensive after import/shipping for you?

Hi, thanks for the replies.
I have checked Australian stock and they are all (out of stock).
I believe it wont be till October the earliest.
Thanks Shave I appreciate the offer, I will check it out and do my calculations.
From what I have read, Solar Assistant seems to be the best option for monitoring solar input/ output for DEYE inverters.
Correct me if I am wrong.
I do have a Raspberry Pi Zero and have read that it can also be used with Solar assistant.
Cheers.

Last edited:
You can also use a Rpi 3B+ if they are available in Aus? the zero seems to struggle a little. If you get desperate mate, ill happily airmail you one over.

Hi, thanks for the offer, much appreciated.
I got the PI Zero working with a trial version Solar assistant.
Can you tell me if the inverter has a Wifi Data Logger, can you connect through the Raspberry to the inverter using WIFI.
It says to connect the Raspberry directly to inverter but I dont see how it can connect via USB when the inverter has only RS232.
Any advice appreciated.

It can connect to RS232 if you have the RS232-USB cable adapter.
As @Lt.Dan said we need the Inverter make and model to know if the software supports it.

Back