diy solar

diy solar

RaspBerryPi 4B Cases that support HDD/SSD (NEW DeskPi-Pro), [! BAD DEAL !]

I have been exchanging emails with 'Sales', and personally don't really have the time, or the inclination, to look for alternatives!

My original order, which only included payment for their 'standard' shipping was delivered within eight days, without any additional duty charges, so I am quite happy to give them until March to sort things out, and will wait and see what turns up then!

This has now been posted on the deskpi.com website, so I hope they won't mind me showing it again on here:

Hello:

Everyone, we do apologize for not bringing a good user experience at the first batch of DeskPi Pro. For the quicker

shipment of the pre-sale orders, we ignored your needs on the DeskPi function.

To completely solve the problem, we will re-send the re-modified PCB board for all the customers who received the

DeskPi Pro product. Our sales staff will contact you according to the order time.For some not shipped orders, we will

contact you and adopt your ideas.

Considering R&D and mass production, the holiday on the Chinese Spring Festival, the new version PCB board will

be shipped to you at the middle of March 2021.

And we will strengthen management in design and mass production to avoid such problems. Thanks again for your

trust, especially the first batch of customers, you are very important to us!

In the later R&D, we are looking forward to your suggestion and supervision, and continue to create higher quality

Raspberry Pi product and provide better customer services!

I know the middle of March seems a long way off now, but I am happy to wait until then, and see what turns up!

I escalated my Paypal claim yesterday. They never responded to the original paypal inquiry. I stated that I wanted a refund and was not willing to pay return shipping if they wanted it back - but if they cover shipping, I will ship it. If the next batch looks like it works better, I will likely order one then.

Waiting to see the result of the Paypal claim...

I received that above message via email.
They did refund me, so I doubt they'll send anything to me.

BTW, the Raspi with the fan from the deskpi, fit's into a HiPi case or a case with an extender.

I see that the Home Page of deskipi.com is now showing the DeskPi Pro as "Preorder", so it does sound as if they are serious about making a "proper" working replacement, which I will be following closely!

Just an update... I received my refund from Paypal this afternoon for my claim/dispute. I can't tell from the case history if the seller ever responded to the emails, but it doesn't appear that they did.

So I will be keeping an eye out for other options for a fully integrated SSD housing for the Pi4. If the upgraded version gets good feedback I would probably buy another (or the Argon M.2 if that ever gets some reviews). Thanks all for your input and feedback!

It is over three months now since the last post in this thread, so I expect that most interested parties have already moved on, so I was therefore quite surprised to receive an email today from DeskPi advising me that they have now shipped me a new updated PCB Board, for which they have given me a tracking number.

Apparently the package includes a new USB adapter, as well as a Daughter Board, T-shaped isolation foam, and (as a gift) a U-shaped bracket!

They also say that the new boards fix the following:
1. The problem with USB booting --- identifying SSDs
2. Wi-Fi interference issues
3. HDMI display problem
4. Compatibility issues of Wireless key & mouse

This all sounds quite encouraging, so I will eagerly await it's arrival!

It is over three months now since the last post in this thread, so I expect that most interested parties have already moved on, so I was therefore quite surprised to receive an email today from DeskPi advising me that they have now shipped me a new updated PCB Board, for which they have given me a tracking number.

Apparently the package includes a new USB adapter, as well as a Daughter Board, T-shaped isolation foam, and (as a gift) a U-shaped bracket!

They also say that the new boards fix the following:
2. Wi-Fi interference issues
3. HDMI display problem

This all sounds quite encouraging, so I will eagerly await it's arrival!
Interesting - as I mentioned above, I basically "checked out", since I got my refund back from paypal. I still have the DeskPi case, sitting in the box (they didn't require me to send it back). I would be interested to see what the differences are with the new hardware, so please share what you receive (I imagine it will be a while before it arrives).

Are they basically shipping all components again, with the exception of the case and hardware?

WOW, I'm surprised to hear that Montala, sounds good. I haven't gotten any such notice and have my doubts that I will. I'd be shocked, that's for sure.

Yes, I was quite surprised to receive the email also, although I had obviously hoped that I would eventually do so!

The details I was sent can also be found on their site at: https://deskpi.com/blogs/news/deskpi-pro-is-in-stock-now which is what I should be receiving, and does seem to cover all the main components.

I will post more once I receive the package, which will hopefully be in another couple of weeks or so, as it is coming from China! :)

I don't have a Solar System, but I found this thread when searching for solutions to problems with my late 2020 DeskPi Pro. Very glad to hear about the new boards they're supposed to be sending, but also ready to go with the Plan Bs described in earlier posts. Thanks, everyone!

They are definately sending out the new boards, together with the other items mentioned.
Mine is currently on its way to me, from China, on a fully tracked service!

I wrote to them and they pointed out that I had never wrote to them about any problem with my DeskPi Pro. So now I'm writing that up. I'm surprised they wouldn't just send the updated parts out to everyone who has the old/bad parts.

Apil 2, I got this notice in my email.
I did not expect such, as I received a refund on the two I bought but this certainly goes quite a distance that they would do this. Although I imagine it's all likely 4-8 weeks away by snail mail.
Hello,

The new updated PCB Board for your DeskPi order was shipped.
The tracking number is XXXXXXXXXXX, you can track here later:

The new updated PCB Boards fixes following problems:
2. WiFi interference issues
3. HDMI display problem

Resend List:
1. USB adapter
2. Daughter Board
3. T-shaped isolation foam
4. Gift: U-shaped bracket

Have a nice day!
DeskPi

That all sounds very good… especially if they don’t charge you for it!

Mine came by courier (as before) and took less than a week to be delivered.

It had the three boards already assembled, but they would obviously have to be separated again to install the Raspberry Pi, but the outer case was not included, as anyone (like myself) who had kept the original product would have this anyway.

I have not got round to re-assembling it yet as I have had a few other things going on, unfortunately!

A new YT Video from Leeps on the UPDATE KIT. He should have redone that one due to the boo boo in it. LOL...

Just rechecked the tracking on mine, nothing posted yet, being shipped via China Post. Maybe I'll get my kits (2) by xmas 2021 ?

An interesting video! ;)

I assume the boo boo you mentioned was his comments about the ribbon cable, although I did notice that a few comments had been added!

Yeah that's it he even put a flash into teh video...
Might have been prudent to do a "dry run" before doing his vid... But I could tell from his talking, he was tired/exhausted, most likely an end of day video. He's usually more "exuberant" shall we say.

My replacement parts just arrived - haven't opened the box yet, but thought I would ask to see if anyone here had tried out the replacement yet. I too requested and received a refund on my original DeskPi case, so this email about the replacements was a nice surprise. I will be watching that video to see how it turned out...

The Dilemma I hope to solve, hopefully with some member input.
I want to find a complete Raspi Case with the following capabilities:
Going back to your initial post, I wondered if you had considered the pi-top4 (DIY Edition), which I just recently found? Although significantly more expensive, it has a lot of modularity and many additional accessories. I find it interesting. ;)

Back