diy solar

diy solar

RayfromTX Gone..? Huh..?

solardad

Solar Enthusiast
So I have been a follower of Ray and his posts and have learned a lot from him here and also when he started his YT channel.

Not sure why he was banned but a number of DIY forum users frequent his YT channel also and asked the "why" he was booted, he mentioned that he was banned for spamming.. I can't disagree more with the decision, I may have not read all of his posts but I enjoyed the majority of them and I do not see where he 'crossed' a line.

We lost a great contributor

bummed

So I have been a follower of Ray and his posts and have learned a lot from him here and also when he started his YT channel.

Not sure why he was banned but a number of DIY forum users frequent his YT channel also and asked the "why" he was booted, he mentioned that he was banned for spamming.. I can't disagree more with the decision, I may have not read all of his posts but I enjoyed the majority of them and I do not see where he 'crossed' a line.

We lost a great contributor

bummed
ray was banned ?

@Will Prowse @upnorthandpersonal
this surely is a mistake ?

I hope he is having some wonderful, sunny weather while on his scuba diving vacation.

One thing that I really dislike is that when someone like Ray gets banned, all their content that they posted over the years gets removed as well. Several times in recent weeks, I have gone to look up a post that contained helpful information that I needed and found that it was removed and is unsearchable because the poster was banned. The junctek guy (who was quite obviously advertising his products; it was clearly the only reason he was on this forum) got banned, and his posts where he explains how to use the devices and the app just disappeared too.

I understand why admins are banning offenders who won't abide by the rules, but is there really no way with this forum software that their other, older, sometimes useful posts couldn't be left alone? @upnorthandpersonal

One thing that I really dislike is that when someone like Ray gets banned, all their content that they posted over the years gets removed as well. Several times in recent weeks, I have gone to look up a post that contained helpful information that I needed and found that it was removed and is unsearchable because the poster was banned. The junctek guy (who was quite obviously advertising his products; it was clearly the only reason he was on this forum) got banned, and his posts where he explains how to use the devices and the app just disappeared too.

I understand why admins are banning offenders who won't abide by the rules, but is there really no way with this forum software that their other, older, sometimes useful posts couldn't be left alone? @upnorthandpersonal
One issue that happens a lot is if someone requests that their profile and all content be removed, we have to do it. I've had to delete some members because they were angry and wanted to leave the site, so I did it. I told them that they shouldn't, but they refused. It's a tough situation.

Oh it was @Supervstech
Do you remember what happened here? I lifted the ban but I've never seen him do anything wrong. Was it an accident or did he break a rule?
Screenshot_20220414-161904_Chrome.jpg

Also, I think his email is incorrect. I also do not see his messages. Did he have another profile? I'm not seeing any other profile. Not sure what happened here.

I was unable to contact an admin to figure out what happened. I am a moderator on another big discussion forum. When we are forced to ban someone we try several times to correct the issue before banning them. We never delete their content unless it is a post that is in violation of the TOS and we don't make it where they can't at least read the content on the site. There is also a lot of discussion before a member is finally banned and the owner will know before it happens. I had twice as many likes as I had posts so I'm not sure what this was about. This was a disappointing experience. I'm glad I can get on to the forum again but the posts I made are gone which makes some threads a bit odd since my posts are quoted but aren't there to read for context.

Oh well, the scuba is good, the food is good and life is amazing. I hope y'all find the info you need. There are lots of different ways to skin this cat. I'll keep sharing mine on Youtube. I do like the exchanges and synergy that comes from forum discussions.

Peace @Will Prowse I have learned a lot from you.

I was unable to contact an admin to figure out what happened. I am a moderator on another big discussion forum. When we are forced to ban someone we try several times to correct the issue before banning them. We never delete their content unless it is a post that is in violation of the TOS and we don't make it where they can't at least read the content on the site. There is also a lot of discussion before a member is finally banned and the owner will know before it happens. I had twice as many likes as I had posts so I'm not sure what this was about. This was a disappointing experience. I'm glad I can get on to the forum again but the posts I made are gone which makes some threads a bit odd since my posts are quoted but aren't there to read for context.

Oh well, the scuba is good, the food is good and life is amazing. I hope y'all find the info you need. There are lots of different ways to skin this cat. I'll keep sharing mine on Youtube. I do like the exchanges and synergy that comes from forum discussions.

Peace @Will Prowse I have learned a lot from you.
Welcome back, behave :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I'm so confused what happened. I'm checking permissions now to see what happened. I don't get it.

It was not spam cleaned either. Only a ban. The content should never be deleted from that.

I am preventing all mods from spam cleaning from now on except for me. I only use it if I am absolutely sure the person is a spam account. Nothing from Rayfromtexas profile was blocked, so I simply don't understand what happened here. Was there another email that was being used with a different profile? Maybe supervtech thought there were two profiles that were one person?

There was a reported post, it’s still in the closed reports area. I’ve been swamped the last few days, and might have goofed this one.
Ugh, sorry!

I figured it out. I saw this post and I spam cleaned it, I remember now. Not acceptable at all. I saw this post below and the person being referred who was also banned, and figured there was sales affiliation. I didn't realize it's Ray, and I really like his posts and videos. But saying "let her know I sent you" is not going to be accepted on this forum. I am dead tired of dealing with these people trying to push sales here.

Screenshot_20220414-224354_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised the profile is still present with a "ban" status. Very strange. That's why I didn't think it was spam cleaned. And I like Ray, so I didn't think he would do that. I also checked the profile and there was a spelling error in the email listed, so I figured this was someone from Texas who knows the vendors and is trying to push sales. And not Ray. But no, it was Ray.

But saying "let her know I sent you" is not going to be accepted on this forum. I am dead tired of dealing with these people trying to push sales here.

To play devil's advocate here, saying "let her know I sent you" is not necessarily because of affiliation. I would use the same kind of wording if I point someone to a dealer I had good interactions with before, especially when it can be a minefield navigating dealers. Having a reference helps.

To play devil's advocate here, saying "let her know I sent you" is not necessarily because of affiliation. I would use the same kind of wording if I point someone to a dealer I had good interactions with before, especially when it can be a minefield navigating dealers. Having a reference helps.
Yes indeed, but no profile picture, spelling errors in the email used and referring to someone who we spam cleaned not long ago, and present in the same state where the warehouse is, made me jump on it. I didn't think it was Ray at all.

Back