diy solar

diy solar

RayfromTx video "Reduce the Risk When Buying Lifepo4 From Alibaba!" is misleading

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kolek

if you want to grind an axe, perhaps go do it on this thread where the ceo of a company selling batteries logged on here and made a bald faced lie about a photo of a clearly corroded and defective battery shipped by them, claiming it was merely "white grease"

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/leaking-electrolyte-from-bigbattery-powerblock.18439/post-224235

oh look, bud was there being helpful.
curiouscarbon, thank you for your many posts, I already acknowledged your points, it's getting repetitive and I have nothing more to say to you and I'm placing you on my ignore list.

Please don’t feed the trolls… report and ignore.
New member joins, finds something to be offended about and goes on the attack, gets their feelings hurt when others have differing opinions, has a temper tantrum and throws personal attacks about, then plays victim.

Yep, pretty much sums it up.

More than likely, these behavioral issues led to this person being kicked off another forum and finding their way here where the process will be rinsed, and repeated.

In a broader picture, the mentality of attacking anyone of differing opinion appears to be becoming today's societal norm.

Kornbread, I see you on every thread related to Ray cheerleading for him, I have nothing to say to you, you've been added to my ignore list.

The Topic:

RayfromTx video "Reduce the Risk When Buying Lifepo4 From Alibaba!" is misleading​

As for the whole EV / ESS Grades oiey.
CHALLENGE: Find ONE Automaker using Prismatic Cells for their EV's excluding Low Speed EV like golfcart or those awesomely weird Alibaba < $5000 ones. LOOK HARD !

The BYD blade cell is prismatic. BYD use it in many EV’s.

New member joins, finds something to be offended about and goes on the attack, gets their feelings hurt when others have differing opinions, has a temper tantrum and throws personal attacks about, then plays victim.

Yep, pretty much sums it up.

More than likely, these behavioral issues led to this person being kicked off another forum and finding their way here where the process will be rinsed, and repeated.

In a broader picture, the mentality of attacking anyone of differing opinion appears to be becoming today's societal norm.
I think Kolec has a fair point.

I also think those believing that “B grade” cells are good value are in for a rude awakening.

Time will answer a lot of questions. Fortunately LiFePO4 has been around since 2007, and many of the questions currently being asked were asked 15 years ago - and some of use were around back then and remember the answers. A new generation that think they “discovered” LiFePO4 a few years ago will find the same answers in a few more years.

I think Kolec has a fair point.

I also think those believing that “B grade” cells are good value are in for a rude awakening.

Time will answer a lot of questions. Fortunately LiFePO4 has been around since 2007, and many of the questions currently being asked were asked 15 years ago - and some of use were around back then and remember the answers. A new generation that think they “discovered” LiFePO4 a few years ago will find the same answers in a few more years.

You could very well be right about the value of "grade B" cells, but is it an issue of cost, cycle life, or otherwise? We need to ascertain if they are suitable for use as solar storage batteries, because throwing them in the landfill would be awful. So, does the cost need to be lower for them to be of good value. Do users need lower depth of discharge to ensure safe long-term use?

Also, with the questions surrounding cells from sunfunkits, is building a DIY battery with grade A cells feasible? Seems like there is a lack of supply, or is it merely a lack of supply at low cost?

Some said that 18650batterystore.com was a good source, but I have no idea if that's really the case or not.

You could very well be right about the value of "grade B" cells, but is it an issue of cost, cycle life, or otherwise? We need to ascertain if they are suitable for use as solar storage batteries, because throwing them in the landfill would be awful. So, does the cost need to be lower for them to be of good value. Do users need lower depth of discharge to ensure safe long-term use?
I think the cost is too high. If a cell is half price and lasts half as long i think that is a good deal. With the B grade EVE cells i see too many fail early for me to consider taking the gamble.

To me the main safety risk is the dodgy job a lot of vendors are accepting when it comes to welding terminals - this will burn people sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back