diy solar

diy solar

RayfromTx video "Reduce the Risk When Buying Lifepo4 From Alibaba!" is misleading

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sverige

There's no "narrative." I already said why I posted this thread. I'm pasting it again here:

The purpose of this post was to try and make sure people don't make the mistake of believing you can get the same cells from Docan for $110 that Luyuan is charging $146 for. In his video Ray implied you could, and that's factually wrong. It's no more complicated than that.

So please don't try to turn it into a "narrative" with some kind of ulterior motives. I'm just a guy trying to understand what's what with batteries, not get screwed over by some vendor, and help others in the process.

Some people here are acting like Ray is their guru and he walks on water, and how dare anyone say otherwise.

Sorry but I'm not going to join the Church of Ray, if he says something wrong that is misinformation or potentially harmful, if I happen to notice, I'll point it out.
Ok. Well it’s a very peculiar thread IMHO and the point you’re arguing seems pretty moot, so I’m not sure why you are as passionate about this issue as you seem to be. But everyone will no doubt form their own view…

The purpose of this post was to try and make sure people don't make the mistake of believing you can get the same cells from Docan for $110 that Luyuan is charging $146 for. In his video Ray implied you could, and that's factually wrong. It's no more complicated than that.

There are several threads here discussing Grade A vs Grade B. It has been hashed out numerous times, and has, within the past 2-3 months, finally become a common topic.

Will Prowse has mentioned numerous times you have to do your own due diligence, because Chinese business practices are not the same as those in Western society.

I believe at the time Ray made those videos, folks believed everyone was getting Grade A cells. Now, anyone who has visited the DIY Battery forum should know that isn't true. Conversely, we were led to believe SunFunKits sold EV grade cells. Derp. Even Will Prowse said he has been scammed numerous times. Cells are commodities with thin margins, so it's no surprise the marketplace still has bad actors.

Lastly, is anyone here deluded into thinking they get EV grade cells from Docan? I'm not throwing shade at Docan. If I needed cells, they would definitely be on my list along with Luyuan and a few others.

This thread perhaps is a bit of drama. OK. Men can be drama queens, too. :)

The Topic:

RayfromTx video "Reduce the Risk When Buying Lifepo4 From Alibaba!" is misleading​

As for the whole EV / ESS Grades oiey.
CHALLENGE: Find ONE Automaker using Prismatic Cells for their EV's excluding Low Speed EV like golfcart or those awesomely weird Alibaba < $5000 ones. LOOK HARD !

wow, just read about SFK's obscene behavior and vicious harassment of Ray. really puts things into perspective. what a horrible experience.

ordering cells from china is something i still have not done because navigating the lead time and risks is too undesirable.

sourcing cells continues to be the most headache inducing part of this building solar stuff for me.

wow, just read about SFK's obscene behavior and vicious harassment of Ray. really puts things into perspective. what a horrible experience.

ordering cells from china is something i still have not done because navigating the lead time and risks is too undesirable.

sourcing cells continues to be the most headache inducing part of this building solar stuff for me.
I tried to buy a li-ion ebike battery on AliExpress. What a nightmare.

What if for the first 20 seconds on any sponsored Youtube video, Youtube added a huge disclaimer you couldn't miss that states
"The following filmmaker is being compensated for the video you are about to watch"

Would this make things more clear for how you viewed the video, with a grain of salt perhaps?

Ray is viewed as a KOL due to his down to earth style and very trustworthy.

What is a KOL?
"KOL stands for Key Opinion Leader, which is also known as an “influencer” in the Western countries. Key opinion leaders are a spokesperson, a brand ambassador, or a thought leader. They are seen as having more importance and relevance than mass media because they are able to connect and relate to their audience."

I don't believe Ray set out with bad intentions but here we are today, it should be known he is well compensated by Docan so take that as you will.
Hello Kolek.

I'm going to go a little off topic. I like Ray's videos. Is he honest? I have no clue. I watched SFK's video. I personally wouldn't do that to a customer but he's not me.
I'll watch all the videos and come here and read all the posts and learn from all of it. I appreciate those that have tested for the rest of us. It is buyer beware when you purchase anything off the internet. Be careful it's your money! I'll do my research and find the products that fit my needs.
Thanks to all for your posts here it helps educate me.

Dang man you seem to have it out for him. Chill out.

I don't know Ray from the next guy so I have no dog in this fight.

Dang man you seem to have it out for him. Chill out.

I don't know Ray from the next guy so I have no dog in this fight.
I was going to ignore the abuse but I changed my mind and now I'll chill when the Church of Ray cuts the innuendo and disbands from this thread

"Jenny Wu came back to me and said "Oh we must make it so you can get commission!!!"

But then I said

"Oh no, Jenny Wu! Me make money??! But then can everybody still trust me like they did before?!"

(Purses lips together and grimaces as if he's so torn by the dilemma.)

Well, okay, I mean, I really don't want to take any money, but if you really have to, you can email Jenny and tell her I sent you, but you don't have to do that!"

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was going to ignore the abuse but I changed my mind and now I'll chill when the Church of Ray cuts the innuendo and disbands from this thread
LOL! you accused me of being Ray's sock puppet and now you are playing victim? LOL! What is wrong with you? You do not know me so why are you accusing me? Did I accuse you of anything?

And resorting to childish arguments and name calling makes your own credibility go whoosh right out the window.

Don't like Ray? Fine. But don't go about it by being petty and demanding everyone agree with you or else they must be a "Ray worshipper" :rolleyes:

Like I said, I don't know Ray from the next guy, but your arguments stink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back