diy solar

diy solar

Real MPPT or not?

In their description, "There are many kinds of MPPT technology,Our Solar Controller Mppt technology is to detect the maximum charging current,not the boost type or the automatic charging of the solar panel voltage."

You have to match the nominal voltage of the panels and battery. So you can only use 36 cell12V panels in parallel with it. I'll leave the question of is it an MPPT for real alone, but the most popular use of MPPT is to use 60 or 72 cell panels. I'd avoid it like the plague.

If you are using 12V panels in parallel under 400W, I'd recommend a quality PWM over a cheap MPPT any day.

In their description, "There are many kinds of MPPT technology,Our Solar Controller Mppt technology is to detect the maximum charging current,not the boost type or the automatic charging of the solar panel voltage."

You have to match the nominal voltage of the panels and battery. So you can only use 36 cell12V panels in parallel with it. I'll leave the question of is it an MPPT for real alone, but the most popular use of MPPT is to use 60 or 72 cell panels. I'd avoid it like the plague.

If you are using 12V panels in parallel under 400W, I'd recommend a quality PWM over a cheap MPPT any day.

LOL... Um... isn't the max current basically shorting the panels to the battery?

What turds.

I have one-works just fine, but of course it's PWM.....

No, it's not junk, it works fine.....depends on your application.

Hi Everyone, new here...
Looking for a simple budget MPPT Controller for my Overland camper that will have under 400w of panels.
Is this a real MPPT or not?

If not, what would anyone suggest?
Based on this:
Q: My solar panel is 36V 200W, can I charge 12V battery?

A: To charge a 12V battery, the working voltage of the solar panel can be between 17V and 23V, and for a 24V battery, the working voltage of the solar panel can be between 36V and 46V.

I would say no.

Back