diy solar

diy solar

REC 260PE Z-Link Used Panels - $75

Stevelk

Hi everyone.

Anybody know about or have experience/opinion regarding these panels? They are government surplus, used panels. I have to pick them up, which is fortunately pretty easy for me. 260 Watts. Looks like they're about 6 years old. Not sure how much risk there is or how easy it is to make sure I get good panels.

FYI, waiting on my new LFP batteries to build a ~10kWh 48V system.

Thanks for any help.

--
Stevelk

No experience. Worth testing Voc and Isc to conform label performance.

Carefully inspect front and back surfaces and connectors for damage. Recent post showed issues with white panel backing cracking after 6-7 years (can't remember if it was brand specific).

If the price is right, and they all test good, it's probably a good deal.

REC panels are very high quality and unless they were abused should provide a +20 year lifetime.

Full disclosure; I may be biased; I was involved with the company.

Hi everyone.

Anybody know about or have experience/opinion regarding these panels? They are government surplus, used panels. I have to pick them up, which is fortunately pretty easy for me. 260 Watts. Looks like they're about 6 years old. Not sure how much risk there is or how easy it is to make sure I get good panels.

Thanks for any help.

--
Stevelk
Well I've got my 16 new 280 Ah lfp batteries. I guess I need to top them off but then I need to figure out what to do with an inverter and buy panels. Really feel like now, after waiting an extra month to get the batteries I need to get some panels and an inverter so I can make some electricity.?

Hi everyone.

Thanks for any help.

--
Stevelk
I mounted 2 in series on my RV and they seem to be working fine (as of Mar 2022). They are flat mounted so not optimal, but I am maxing about 420W in full sun.

Back