diy solar

diy solar

REC Active BMS Relay output ?

Shinebox

I have a LiFePO4 house bank on my boat that I am setting up with a REC-Active BMS. The BMS is working as it should, except for the fact that I can't seem to get the NO discharge relay (or any relay for that matter) to latch and supply voltage to the Precharge module and thus my main contactor supplying my loads. The contactor and the pre charge unit work as they should when voltage is supplied to the BMS INPUT on the Precharge module. Is there some setting that I am missing? I have tried without any luck reaching out to the folks at REC and Rick, the vendor here in the US. Very frustrated at the moment.

Not sure this will be helpful. I have one of these. Disconnect the CAN port to test. The system won't supply power to the relay unless everything passes it's internal checks. Check your wiring and connectivity on both green connectors. Search for stray strands of wire that might be shorting in your connectors. Use a meter to verify voltage to each pin on the battery connector. Start with neg and batt 1, note voltage, move to neg and pin 2, watch voltage increase 1 battery worth of voltage, go to next pin, watch for voltage step up again etc. Typically if something is wrong the red LED will flash and you'll hear an audible alarm. The red flash sequence corresponds to an error code that can be looked up in the paperwork that came with your unit. If the green LED flashes in two second intervals, or if it stays green the system should be working. I've included the diagram from my version of the BMS below for reference. I had great support from REC via email. Remember, they are 7 or 8 hours ahead of us. They always responded to me within 24 hours.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 10.15.36 PM.png

I have a LiFePO4 house bank on my boat that I am setting up with a REC-Active BMS. The BMS is working as it should, except for the fact that I can't seem to get the NO discharge relay (or any relay for that matter) to latch and supply voltage to the Precharge module and thus my main contactor supplying my loads. The contactor and the pre charge unit work as they should when voltage is supplied to the BMS INPUT on the Precharge module. Is there some setting that I am missing? I have tried without any luck reaching out to the folks at REC and Rick, the vendor here in the US. Very frustrated at the moment.
Hey Mate, did you manage to solve your issue? I have exactly the same!

Back