diy solar

diy solar

REC BMS BLE (Bluetooth) App not updating capacity after adjusting in PC software

ThirdEyeSamuel

As stated in the title, when I change my battery capacity in the REC BMS software it does not update to the new capacity in the app on my phone. I've tried disconnecting device, forgetting device, reseting settings in software and so on.

Has anyone else experience this issue, or have any suggestions on how to get the bluetooth app to update to the new capacity setting?

I'm about to try just ordering a new bluetooth module. I have a feeling the information is stored in some kind of history or cache within the BLE module itself (but don't actually have any idea) and I don't know how to hard reset the physical module or if it's even possible.

Pic just for fun. It's my Nissan Leaf ESS in my DIY camper van. It's all running perfectly, and powering a 9000 BTU mini split.

I just want to have this last piece of the puzzle solved.

Side note, I just installed the Victron Cerbo GX and officially got it connected to the REC BMS, big win.

As mentioned in other threads, contrary to the REC Q BMS manual for GX connections, I've had to connect the REC BMS to the VE. Can port of the Cerbo instead of the BMS Can and also use the CAN-bus profile: VE. Can & CAN-bus BMS (250kbit/s) instead of the 500kbit/s profile

Attachments

• IMG_3122.PNG
    IMG_3122.PNG
    743 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3123.PNG
    IMG_3123.PNG
    870.4 KB · Views: 7
  • tempImagesSNKa8.png
    tempImagesSNKa8.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3125.PNG
    IMG_3125.PNG
    952.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3126.PNG
    IMG_3126.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3127.PNG
    IMG_3127.PNG
    791.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3128.PNG
    IMG_3128.PNG
    366.5 KB · Views: 8
  • tempImageZqA4WP.png
    tempImageZqA4WP.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
Also, does anyone know what the "Send data to VE.Can" is for in the second picture under CAN-bus(1) profile settings?

Back