diy solar

diy solar

REC BMS error code 10

Hillbillybuddha

I've built a 4p4s 12v 400amp LiFePo4 battery and I'm adding a REC BMS to it so it'll communicate with my Victron system.

After going through the manual, I've hooked up 1cell(-) to the main negative terminal and 1cell(+) through 4cell(+) to each of their terminals. (See picture)

Right now I've connected the 5 wires (4 pos and 1 neg) that connect to the cells and the 2 wires that connect to my victron BMW 712 shunt. All other wires are still disconnected.

According to REC Active BMS manual, an error 10 code is the result of, "Single or Multiple cell voltage is close to zero or out of range, indicating a blow fuse, short circuit, or measuring failure (15 s error hysteresis + 10 mv voltage difference hysteresis) charging is disabled, discharging is disabled, main relay is disconnected, relay 1 and optocoupler 2 are disabled"

How do I troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211011_144330.jpg
    20211011_144330.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20211011-163946_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-163946_Samsung Notes.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 9
I dont have my manual handy , but I the last pin on the input plug must have power.
Which bms ?

REC Active BMS.

But I figured it out. I called Tech support. They insisted I had installed it incorrectly. I, absolutely had not installed it incorrectly.
but they insisted and said that, if I was lucky, I had only blown an internal fuse but it was more likely that I'd have to buy a new unit. I decided to open the BMS up to check the fuses. I pulled each of the six fuses out and checked continuity across the poles. The continuity was fine on all the fuses. But when I got to the fourth fuse, I realized it was really loose in holder. When I put it back together, I made sure that it was tightly in place. I plugged it back in and it worked fine. Honestly, I expected more from one of the more expensive units on the market but, in the end, I'm glad I figured it out.

Yep. They sid similar things to me on a bluetooth module. Opens it up and low and behold , wires forgot to be soldered

It sucks too.
It calls all modules #1.
It totals ah for all packs. BUT it calculates charge and discharge rates at single cell level. Ex: 1680 ah system. ( 280 x 6 ) 80 amp load . It says 3.5 hrs to empty. Same as charge.
Hardware is good , software sucks.

But in all fairness, their system is designed for electric vehicles.

Speaking of the WiFi module, I'm having trouble figuring out how to install it. It comes with 2 connectors. If I'm reading the instructions correctly, the 10 pin connects to the BMS, and the 6 pin connects to the optional LCD screen. Since I didn't get the LCD screen, do I bother with it at all? And, on the 10 pin connector, there's a DC switch that's controllable from the website. Do I need to hook that up, if so, what am I suppose to hook it up to?

Use big plug. Use the 2 wires that say input.
I usually have to reset it every day . It sucks.
But I have software update number 6 to do today.

REC Active BMS.

But I figured it out. I called Tech support. They insisted I had installed it incorrectly. I, absolutely had not installed it incorrectly.
but they insisted and said that, if I was lucky, I had only blown an internal fuse but it was more likely that I'd have to buy a new unit. I decided to open the BMS up to check the fuses. I pulled each of the six fuses out and checked continuity across the poles. The continuity was fine on all the fuses. But when I got to the fourth fuse, I realized it was really loose in holder. When I put it back together, I made sure that it was tightly in place. I plugged it back in and it worked fine. Honestly, I expected more from one of the more expensive units on the market but, in the end, I'm glad I figured it out.

I'm having the same problem with error code 10. Was working fine until I shut it down to add an MPPT. Now it won't start back up. I've checked all of the external fuses, and opened the REC to check the internal fuses. I checked all 6 from the bottom on the pins, with them installed, and all had continuity. I did notice one was a little loose, but it was showing continuity, so I didn't pull it out from the silicone they have holding them in. I'm at a loss for what is wrong with this thing...

Back