diy solar

diy solar

REC Q BMS - How to reset without PC software after contactor LV disconnect

ThirdEyeSamuel

I'd love to know if there is a way to reset the contactor after the REC bms has disconnected due to low voltage that doesn't include using the REC BMS PC software.

I couldn't get my systems back online after a LVD until I set a new low voltage parameter. The BMS had opened (broken the circuit) the contactor and I saw no other way to reset it other than to program a new lower voltage for the disconnect and then toggle the bms on and off.

And if there isn't a better way then perhaps this can be achieved with the new wifi module so I dont have to plug in my computer to the device?

Note: In addition to the REC Q BMS, im using the Cerbo GX, Victron SmartSolar MPPT and BMV-712 smart battery monitor all linked with CAN and VE.direct cables

Did you ever find an answer to this scenario? I'm about to build a similar system.

Did you ever find an answer to this scenario? I'm about to build a similar system.
Wifi module from REC works as expected and you can control BMS through the browser but it needs to be constantly connected to the battery. If it looses power internal sd card should be deleted completely. At least that is what I found out (the hard way). Perhaps there’s update of FW already I’m just not aware of.
Constant consumption with contactor, BMS, wifi, CCGX, BMV 712, multiplus (in charge only mode), 2 MPPTs and Orion 12-12|30 in my case is whooping 8-12W (up to 1A) and that is something one should be aware of. That amount of power consumption in stand-by can drain any battery rather quickly.

Back