diy solar

diy solar

REC - Victron Cerbo - Integration

Heap64

Solar Enthusiast
I decided to move to a REC Q BMS on my system to better integrate with my Victron gear. So far I have managed to get my laptop setup over 485 to communicated with the REC BMS. I have installed the CAN cable to the Cerbo GX and I know I need to probably setup the DVCC on the Cerbo. What else is needed to verify that I truly have a CAN connection in place as I'm not figuring out how to see anything on the touch screen?

Any pointers to getting this setup would be appreciated.

thank you. I thought I had seen that link at one time but for some reason I couldn't seem to locate it and the reseller sure didn't know to share it. I will see if I can get it going.

Got it working with a combination of the link you shared and a comment I found in a prior post here on the forum.

Even though I have a Cerbo GX I couldn't seem to get it to work using the BMS-CAN-BUS at 500bits/sec like the manual says?

I found another post by "shinebox"
"In the REC manual it gives you the settings that you need to configure within the CERBO remote console. One difference I found was to plug into the VE-CAN port on the CERBO rather than the BMS-CAN port and set CAN-1 settings to VE.CAN & CAN-bus BMS (250 kbit/s). You can set this at: Settings/Services"

That did the trick! Thanks and I hope this helps someone else down the road.

Glad to hear it!

Linked here for visibility:

Back