diy solar

diy solar

Received 16 LFP 272 Ah from Amy

guerby

My 16 272 Ah LFP cells arrived yesterday Friday February 26th in France from China, shipped Monday January 11 so 46 days of transit for 10 000km.

The DPD tracking number provided by Amy only started working just a few days before delivery (as expected), with last stops in Hungary then Germany so I assume ground shipping all along:

Code:
Date     Heure     Les étapes de ma livraison     Localisation
26/02/2021     15:13     Colis livré     Agence DPD de Montauban (82)
26/02/2021     10:23     Colis en livraison     Agence DPD de Montauban (82)
26/02/2021     09:46     Colis en cours d'acheminement     Agence DPD de Montauban (82)
26/02/2021     06:45     Colis en cours d'acheminement     Agence DPD de Montauban (82)
25/02/2021     15:32     Colis en cours d'acheminement     Centre de tri DPD du Coudray Montceaux (175)
25/02/2021     15:32     Colis en cours d'acheminement     Centre de tri DPD du Coudray Montceaux (175)
25/02/2021     03:12     Colis en cours d'acheminement     Aschaffenburg (Allemagne)
24/02/2021     14:18     Colis en cours d'acheminement     Neufahrn (Allemagne)
23/02/2021     18:32     Colis en cours d'acheminement     Budapest (Hongrie)
23/02/2021     11:38     Colis en cours d'acheminement     Budapest (Hongrie)

13.9 kWh for $1248 + $416 shipping and tax, so just shy of $120/kWh delivered, $90/kWh before shipping and tax.

Also included BMS 16T for $170, bolts+bus bars for $0, so total billed for my order was $1834.

Debit was 1551.53 EUR on my account so 1.182 exchange rate.

Boxes were in perfect shape, no visible scratch on the cells inside (they were very well protected by foam on all sides), individual cell voltage 3.292V to 3.293V so within a millivolt (!), perfect size alignement. Will do more testing in the coming days.

Vendor thread here: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/introducing-the-new-improved-shenzhen-luyuan-technology-co.15880

I've got the same coming to the UK. But 32 units. And about 20 days behind you.

Bonjour Guerby ;) I also purchased 16 272 cells end of january shipped by train freight.

Reading the shipping log, looks like yours are also rail/train freight?

What made you decide to go for a 48v system?
Do you have a build log somewhere :) ?

Bonjour Guerby ;) I also purchased 16 272 cells end of january shipped by train freight.

Reading the shipping log, looks like yours are also rail/train freight?

What made you decide to go for a 48v system?
Do you have a build log somewhere :) ?

Amy did not tell if it was boat or ground, but since it went through Hungary I assume ground.

My first step will be testing various things around a solar+battery system, I am connected to the grid (230V single phase with "linky" smart meter, renewable electricity from https://enercoop.fr - currently 6 kVA) so no urgency.

For a 14kWh pack 48V seems more adapted, eg full 16A circuit at 230V AC gives about 80A on 48V DC.

I purchased 9 panels of various technologies, a friend of mine also has various panels and ordered batteries from Amy too and will test 12 and 24V systems with solar charge controllers.

I have also purchased this all-in-one stackable hybrid inverter : https://allo.solar/onduleur-hybride-5kw-48v-mppt-80a-superwatt.html

Test plan in the coming monthes:

- test BMS and cell protection (voltage, temperature), BMS communication to computer
- test with thermal camera to see what heats up in the system (safety)
- test inverter in various conditions, solar/grid/battery, self consumption in various modes, start when empty battery, etc..., simulated grid power off/on, communication to computer
- test production of various panels in various weathers and orientations (including mainly bad weather, MPPT starting voltage)
- test DC coupling by using an additionnal 48V solar charge controller (to be bought)
- test powering 2kW induction cookers (multiple available to go to the limit)
- test powering my home reversible air-conditioning/heat pump system (0.5 to 2 kW continuous power draw - inverter technology)
- test charging my Tesla Model 3 SR+ at 2 to 3 kW with tesla mobile charger
- test inverter stacking for more power (another all-in-one to be bought and probably a second 16S pack), including 7kW charging of my Tesla (home wall charger to be bought)

I'll keep this thread updated :)

Last edited:
Curious if any of these Lishen 272ah cells from Amy exhibit the same terminal misalignment that mine did.

See my thread here:

-uberpixel

Curious if any of these Lishen 272ah cells from Amy exhibit the same terminal misalignment that mine did.

See my thread here:

-uberpixel
Yes terminals are misaligned on some of the cells I received, I don't consider it a significant issue for a stationary system (no vibration).

Bonjour Guerby
Je me permets de faire un petit récapitulatif pour être certain d'avoir bien compris ;)
Tu as donc acheté 16 cellules (Lishen?) 272Ah pour un montant total de 1248 usd
Donc 78 usd par cellule + expédition pour l'ensemble : 418 usd

Tu as acheté chez Amy (Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co) https://szluyuan.en.alibaba.com/?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.1a6f3e5fqUBGbR
C'est bien ça ?
Est ce que le prix que t'a remis Amy était avec TOUTES les taxes et frais de douane inclus, ou tu as du payer en plus des frais ?
D'avance merci

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Guerby
I allow myself to do a little recap to be sure I understood correctly ;)
So you bought 16 cells (Lishen?) 272Ah for a total amount of 1248 usd
So 78 usd per cell + shipping for the whole: 418 usd
You bought from Amy (Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co)
That's right ?
Was the price Amy gave you with ALL taxes and customs fees included, or did you have to pay on top of the fees?
Thanks in advance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Guerby
I allow myself to do a little recap to be sure I understood correctly ;)
So you bought 16 cells (Lishen?) 272Ah for a total amount of 1248 usd
So 78 usd per cell + shipping for the whole: 418 usd
You bought from Amy (Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co)
That's right ?
Was the price Amy gave you with ALL taxes and customs fees included, or did you have to pay on top of the fees?
Thanks in advance

Yes for Amy being the seller, the price paid and there was no additional cost at delivery time.

With lots of delay to get some tools I'm starting to charge my 16S LFP Lishen 272Ah pack using a superwatt all-in-one 48V hybrid inverter:

Similar to mppsolar/axpert/etc... 48V inverters.

I've set the following settings on the superwatt

26 (bulk) Cu 56.0V (3.5V/cell)
27 (float) FL 54.7V (3.419V/cell)
29 (low cut-off) COu 48V (3.0V/cell) - cannot go higher on this inverter.

And following/balancing the cells with a Chargery BMS16T : firmware V4.02 (as delivered), balance start 3.2V, stop diff voltage 25mV, balance ON for charge/discharge/storage.

Charging at 40A from utility the pack voltage raised slowly to 56V then after a while the inverter dropped down the charging current slowly to zero. Delta between cells went from 20mV to about 80mV max during charge.

I then set the utility charging current (11) to 2A for about an hour, then cut inverter from utility, then I disconnected the battery pack from the inverter. I let only the BMS16T powered by an external power supply (not the pack), after a while I got these voltages from BMS16T:

cell_v_total 53.47
cell_v_min 3.327
cell_v_avg 3.342
cell_v_max 3.353
cell_v_delta 0.026

Does it look ok? Should I go for the capacity test?

Back