diy solar

diy solar

Received a wrong product.. how do I use these?!

wavefxn

I got a bunch of these instead of a 100ah 12v in a case like I ordered.I'm disputing the order but I'll prob get to keep these. I have no idea what the specs are, haven't attached multimeter yet but , What kind of post types are these? How do I even begin to connect them (with what hardware?! what kind of bars?)? Help please!

IMG_3196.jpg

I got a bunch of these instead of a 100ah 12v in a case like I ordered.I'm disputing the order but I'll prob get to keep these. I have no idea what the specs are, haven't attached multimeter yet but , What kind of post types are these? How do I even begin to connect them (with what hardware?! what kind of bars?)? Help please!

View attachment 43599
How many is a bunch?
4?
The postive and negative terminals need to be drilled and tapped for studs before you could use those 3.2V cells.

4 3.2V cells connected in series make a 12.8V battery.
The dimensions would tell how many Ah that cell is.

PS: Remove your metal jewelry before working on batteries.

Thanks, how do I drill these though? just normal drilling? How deep/thick? what do I use as posts?
also the only info they came with was a qr code that led to varicore.cn
--is there a diy video I could follow? I don't know anything about putting these together

Thanks, how do I drill these though? just normal drilling? How deep/thick? what do I use as posts?
also the only info they came with was a qr code that led to varicore.cn
--is there a diy video I could follow? I don't know anything about putting these together
How MANY CELLS did you get?
Best to drill the holes to a precise depth on a drill press then tap to make threads.
If you drill holes too deep they will damage the cell.
Posts are "studs"
1/4" 20 or 6mm would be the right thread size.

Those are intended to be laser welded to, not drilled. Drilling too deep could result in leaking cells.

there are 8. how deep is too deep? should it just be enough to be secure I assume?
what material do the studs need to be ? normal bolts that you find in hardware stores is fine? What do I use for the connecting bars?

Wow you guys are fast to reply, thanks!
I'm thinking of maybe using these to convert my bike into an e-bike with one of those kits

there are 8. how deep is too deep? should it just be enough to be secure I assume?
what material do the studs need to be ? normal bolts that you find in hardware stores is fine? What do I use for the connecting bars?
The cells are probably 50Ah so 8 will make a 12V 100Ah battery.
2P4S

Are you sure that this is not what you ordered?
What was the sales link?

Stainless steel threaded studs that have no heads.
1/4" 20 Imperial or 6mm Metric threads are very close to the same diameter.

You can pretty much see how thick the 2 terminal pads are.

You use bus bars to connect the cells.

There are other posts here on these cells with no threaded holes.

Wow you guys are fast to reply, thanks!
I'm thinking of maybe using these to convert my bike into an e-bike with one of those kits
8 cells in Series would only be 24V 50Ah which is on the low side of voltage for an ebike plus they would be much heavier and bulkier than a different battery chemistry like NMC.
I would not recommend using on an ebike.
You also need a BMS so the cells are protected.

You might be better off selling these 8 cells.

8 cells in Series would only be 24V 50Ah which is on the low side of voltage for an ebike plus they would be much heavier and bulkier than a different battery chemistry like NMC.
I would not recommend using on an ebike.
You also need a BMS so the cells are protected.

You might be better off selling these 8 cells.
right yeah dang I was hoping they'd might help out with my bike project haha

Yes you would need a BMS like the one in that plastic case battery, studs and bus bars.

Have you opened the plastic case batteries to see what is inside?
How much did they cost shipped?

Last edited:
I haven't opened one up, I guess I may have to in order to reverse engineer. what does a bms look like?
order was $424 total

Back