diy solar

diy solar

Received Lifepo4 Daly 4s 12v 100A BMS , have question

djjazzy28

I just received my BMS with these cables in the box. I want to hook it to a PC using the USB UART cable, but
the one I received says Converter USB-Monitor. Is this not the correct cable to hook up with PC.
I also have the USB bluetooth wire, for my phone. What it the black 2 wire cable and where does that hook up to
on the BMS. Anyone know what the BMS connections are on my Daly? see photos. My BMS is a RO5A-FL05, is
that a old one or newer one? I got it on ebay from icgogogo ,
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_20210104_102803067.jpg
    IMG_20210104_102803067.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20210104_111449126.jpg
    IMG_20210104_111449126.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20210104_111502728.jpg
    IMG_20210104_111502728.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 66
The black wire appears to be your temp sensor. It plugs into the NTC port

I just received my BMS with these cables in the box. I want to hook it to a PC using the USB UART cable, but
the one I received says Converter USB-Monitor. Is this not the correct cable to hook up with PC.
I also have the USB bluetooth wire, for my phone. What it the black 2 wire cable and where does that hook up to
on the BMS. Anyone know what the BMS connections are on my Daly? see photos. My BMS is a RO5A-FL05, is
Thanks for any help.
Bluetooth in the uart port computer in the port on the other side use Sinowealth software to connect to bms from computer
the rest as per wills instruction
software here

it takes some time for the bms to boot up also every thing needs to be scanned in the software

Bluetooth in the uart port computer in the port on the other side use Sinowealth software to connect to bms from computer
the rest as per wills instruction
software here

it takes some time for the bms to boot up also every thing needs to be scanned in the software

lexio, icgogogo confirmed the Chinese "上位机” port is for UART , USB connection to pc​

and reccomended to use Sinowealth SW to connect to PC.

As for the BT, icgogogo said to connect that to the 6 pin UART
on the BMS to the right of the NTC port.

Attachments

• IMG_20210104_111502728.jpg
    IMG_20210104_111502728.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 19
  • uart BT.jpg
    uart BT.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 19

lexio, icgogogo confirmed the Chinese "上位机” port is for UART , USB connection to pc​

and reccomended to use Sinowealth SW to connect to PC.

As for the BT, icgogogo said to connect that to the 6 pin UART
on the BMS to the right of the NTC port.
Please post if you get this working. I'm having truble with mine. I don't think its the siftware, but I keep getting "access to the port 'com3' is denied"
1610326662005.png

Hello

Did you install the USB driver from the resources page?

Please post if you get this working. I'm having truble with mine. I don't think its the siftware, but I keep getting "access to the port 'com3' is denied"
View attachment 32734

Actually haven't built my 120Ahr Lifepo4 yet, waiting for cells to arrive from Basen in CN. So can't test BMS yet. I believe for a 4S BMS you need to select IC Name: SH39F003. Also the instructions say to be sure the CH340 drivers are installed.

Thanks for any help.
I have the same unit with the same UART cable and bluetooth module. I am able to use the smart BMS app on my Iphone to monitor the battery pack and change some settings. But the UART cable and PC-Master software recommended by ICGogo was ineffective in allowing me to view or modify and of the parameters on my Windows 10 PC. The com port is recognizing the UART cable plugged in through the USB, but no data is being sent or received. I would love to hear from someone who has actually been able to get this UART connection to work and who can tell me what I am doing wrong. I do not have Sinowealth Software, just the PC-Master version 1.1.6 that was recommended by ICGogo.

I have the same unit with the same UART cable and bluetooth module. I am able to use the smart BMS app on my Iphone to monitor the battery pack and change some settings. But the UART cable and PC-Master software recommended by ICGogo was ineffective in allowing me to view or modify and of the parameters on my Windows 10 PC. The com port is recognizing the UART cable plugged in through the USB, but no data is being sent or received. I would love to hear from someone who has actually been able to get this UART connection to work and who can tell me what I am doing wrong. I do not have Sinowealth Software, just the PC-Master version 1.1.6 that was recommended by ICGogo.

I'm able to view and make parameter changes via the USB PC connection using the Sinowealth software, PC Master does not work with my Daly BMS. Download the software and drivers for the USB PC cable. Be sure to install the usb drivers before running the software. After install, my com port was com6. Also for a 4S BMS select SH30F003 under port and IC configuration to connect software with the Daly. See this link and the how to for Sinowealth installation and basic use.

Also can connect via BT, and PC at the same time, If I write paramenters with the software, it reflects almost instantly via the app.
Not all parameter can be changed via app, but most can be changed, also change sleep time to 15300s , that will keep BT alive. Mine has been on for days and doesn't sleep unless the BMS is tripped. The easiest way Ive found to restart the BMS after it's tripped is to initiate a charge and BMS and BT come back on. Still figuring this out though.

DL the software from the link page, DL is from the upper right corner of the web page.

The only way to wake these up is to feed them 0.7v above the battery voltage. Shorting P- to B- doesn't work with this model. If once cell is above HVD you'll need to drain that cell approximatly 50mV, or connect a 12v load bypassing the bms of a few amps for a short period. I have set mine for HVD at 3.7 volts. Provided the cells are properly balanced, and the charge controller is programmed correctly, the bms should never trip HVD. I only charge my cells to 3.55V each, so I should never trip it.

I thought my cells were well balanced. They werent ;) They are now. The most common cause for nusiance tripping of HVD is poorly balanced cells or a misconfigured charger.

I'm able to view and make parameter changes via the USB PC connection using the Sinowealth software, PC Master does not work with my Daly BMS. Download the software and drivers for the USB PC cable. Be sure to install the usb drivers before running the software. After install, my com port was com6. Also for a 4S BMS select SH30F003 under port and IC configuration to connect software with the Daly. See this link and the how to for Sinowealth installation and basic use.

Also can connect via BT, and PC at the same time, If I write paramenters with the software, it reflects almost instantly via the app.
Not all parameter can be changed via app, but most can be changed, also change sleep time to 15300s , that will keep BT alive. Mine has been on for days and doesn't sleep unless the BMS is tripped. The easiest way Ive found to restart the BMS after it's tripped is to initiate a charge and BMS and BT come back on. Still figuring this out though.

DL the software from the link page, DL is from the upper right corner of the web page.
I've got it working now. The hardest part wss installing the Sinowealth software due to my not being able to read Chinese. Fortunately, I got an e-mail from Daly or ICgogo walking me through the installation screens. Playing with parameters now. Thanks.

Also, thanks! I didn't realize that I could access on both the PC and the smart phone through Bluetooth at the same time. There are some things that I like about each of those methods of access, And it's nice to be able to view both screens at the same time.

Thanks for any help.
The black wire it temperature sensor, mine is plugged into NTC port, the two right pins. The USB (monitor) plugs into the top where the Chinese writing is. Bluetooth plugs into bottom, UART port.

Back