diy solar

diy solar

Recommend a good bang for the buck 200 watt mono panel?

Vigilant

Greetings. I have been browsing for a couple days, and have not yet settled on the right panel. Looking to purchase two 200-watt mono panels to couple with a Westinghouse iGen 1000s. Max input is 400 watts. Looking for some pretty decent efficiency at a reasonable price. Connecter size is 8MM. I plan to keep this system as backup in case of a long-term grid failure. Also have a couple generators if needed in case of snow, etc. Was hoping y'awl could offer some input. Thanks in advance.

Ive been panel shopping for s couple weeks also. Everybody says check out santansolar.com but holy cow the shipping cost is out the roof AND watch out if u go there. They false advertise really bad = a panel says $60 so I add 10 to cart. Suddenly if I look, Im being charged $68 per panel. (Thats before shipping and taxes... just jumps up)

Happens on every panel. Saying be sure to double check what ur paying.

Anyway, because atm panels r in s major tech jump, everything Iiked last week is now obsolete. Yep that fast.

Not Renogy fan but saw it had a 100 watt that weighs like 14lbs. Amazingly small. So if Renogy has it then I know more is out there or will be soon.

Ive looked bout everywhere and think Ive settled on 300w foldable off ebay. Something to throw up until panel market settles

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks. Renogy seems to be pretty solid. Was thinking about buying two 200 watt panels to start with, but I'll have a look at what they have in a 300W foldable for now.

Thanks again.

Have you looked on craigslist for big cheap panels?
If you provide your city/zip, maybe someone can point you to some deals in your area.

Just out of curiosity, why are you set on mono panels?
I'm new to this. I have since read that the difference between mono and poly is not that much, like 10% I believe. I'm watching Craigslist and also Ebay for something close. Thanks for your help.

Have you looked on craigslist for big cheap panels?
If you provide your city/zip, maybe someone can point you to some deals in your area.

Just out of curiosity, why are you set on mono panels?
Good question because the only 2 places I havent looked are facebook marketplace and craigslist. Guess I should. Havent cuz dont c solar here so I forget.

Its not that Im deadset on mono. They r more available and seem to weigh less. Weight is a big issue for me cuz over 50 female trying to DIY. So u know, its hand truck etc..

Voltage seems to be changing bigtime. Gotta watch that...

Btw, if weight is an issue for u also, watch out for those bifacials. Heavy

Back