diy solar

diy solar

Recommend Ali express sellers LFP cells

Pearce80

Positive experience with Ali express seller for LFP cells?
Couple banks I’ve purchased different site, only 100ah and don’t carry 300ish AH I’m looking for but Ali seems to have plenty and some at incredible value.
Not worried about getting exactly rated capacity, since won’t drain down that low just confirm label any how, it’s like buying new car and taking directly to track and confirm 1/4 mile times.
80-90% rated fine with me at right price.
Prices range from about $500-2K with is huge spread and would rather pull my hair out than pay premium I didn’t need to.
I run my battery easily, low SOC high DOD so I don’t find a loss of little capacity or push labels.
Stores to avoid? Stores with successful transactions? Thanks

I think the general vibe is don't use Aliexpress for batteries. The better suppliers are on Alibaba. My experience anyway.

Personnaly I bought 4 cells 163ah in november last year and I'm verry happy of them.

I'm in France, and I get thoses LifePo4 cells in 10 days, european stock, all right, grade A.

So now I just purchased another cells, 304ah now, from the same shop in Aliexpress :
BLS Official Store
They already have USA warehouse for Quick delivery :)

I Always use PayPal to be protected.

Another shop with goods review but not tested is
liitokala Official Store

docan tech has both eu and us stores

luyan does not, but does ship to both eu and us

99.9% of cell that end up at aliexpress seller are either a scan , or trashworthy

Personnaly I bought 4 cells 163ah in november last year and I'm verry happy of them.

I'm in France, and I get thoses LifePo4 cells in 10 days, european stock, all right, grade A.

So now I just purchased another cells, 304ah now, from the same shop in Aliexpress :
BLS Official Store
They already have USA warehouse for Quick delivery :)

I Always use PayPal to be protected.

Another shop with goods review but not tested is
liitokala Official Store
Did you capacity test the 163ah cells?

Liitokala have very patchy feedback from buyers including @Will Prowse . A real 'Lucky Dip' roulette!
Fellow French guy on YouTube has tested 3 different capacity 12v lifepo4 batteries and concluded to expect 33% less capacity than the label rating!

Liitokala have very patchy feedback from buyers including @Will Prowse . A real 'Lucky Dip' roulette!
Fellow French guy on YouTube has tested 3 different capacity 12v lifepo4 batteries and concluded to expect 33% less capacity than the label rating!
Yep I tested them when I installed them on my RV van.
It was arround 165ah :)
I checked with a PZEM monitor.

I use them every days, I'm actually arround 50 cycles (saw on Daly's BMS application) :)

They are manufactured from CALB, and here are the specs :

I paied them arround 400€ for european warehouse.

Never ever buy lifePO4 cells from Liitokala or aliepress. last time I check docan didn't have eu warehouse. The website is confusing now ;-)

Last edited:
BLS cells are a lot more expensive. you can get real EV grade cells for less ddp to France.

I got cells ddp to FR from : Ev grade cells from Amy W (luyan), New grade A (non EV) cells from jenny (docan), I didn't try others.

I got cells ddp to FR from : Ev grade cells from Amy W (luyan), New grade A (non EV) cells from jenny (docan), I didn't try others.
"New grade A (non EV) cells"
What kinda' sales BS have you swallowed ?

New cells (not used cells) that failed tests for EV grade. Eg: you won't get capacity test report for them, and EVE marks them with B on the qrcode. The only seller who provide me the link to EVE capacity test report is Amy W.

New cells (not used cells) that failed tests for EV grade. Eg: you won't get capacity test report for them, and EVE marks them with B on the qrcode. The only seller who provide me the link to EVE capacity test report is Amy W.
Cells marked 'B' from the EVE are not "New grade A (non EV) cells". They are failed EV cells ! EVE is currently marking them with "B". There is no EVE capacity test reports for them. They are failed EV cells with the label scraped off and the 'B' marking applied. With the label scraped off, there is no unique cell identifier on them any longer. So a capacity test is not unique to any one cell.

Last edited:
Back